Nice Rusty Channellocks!

I had gone to this lady's house for an inoperative garage door opener and after I finished and as I was leaving she wanted help with her backyard tap. So I went with my Channellocks to the backyard and forgot it there. I texted her after I got home and she said she would leave it in the garage and I could pick it up from the garage any time ( I have the door opener code).

Look at where she left the pliers! Nicely and exactly lined up under the hose nozzle so that it will drip right on to the pliers. And she really is a dear old lady.

Anyway the pliers cleaned up well enough with steel wool dipped in WD40.

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

Nice score! I found a pair of those in the tool shed when we bought our house. A wire brush and some oil cleaned them up and they are now very functional.

I don't think
Nice score! I found a pair of those in the tool shed when we bought our house. A wire brush and some oil cleaned them up and they are now very functional.
I don't think you read my entire thread. It was not a score, those were my pliers to start with.

Even the nicest people are not always aware of the consequences of their actions. A very long time ago I was a delivery driver for an Auto parts jobber and the Boss was going to deliver two brake rotors in their cardboard boxes to a shop he was going to visit. I went out to the parking lot and placed the rotors on the trunk lid of his highly polished Buick. One of the counter guys told me I should not have done that and I have not done something stupid like that since. I had never owned a new vehicle at that point. and was not appreciative enough of the finish on a new car.

I don't think

I don't think you read my entire thread. It was not a score, those were my pliers to start with.

Even the nicest people are not always aware of the consequences of their actions. A very long time ago I was a delivery driver for an Auto parts jobber and the Boss was going to deliver two brake rotors in their cardboard boxes to a shop he was going to visit. I went out to the parking lot and placed the rotors on the trunk lid of his highly polished Buick. One of the counter guys told me I should not have done that and I have not done something stupid like that since. I had never owned a new vehicle at that point. and was not appreciative enough of the finish on a new car.
Yeah I missed that! I thought you found her old channellocks and rescued them...

Even though in that condition it'll work like new. Clean it with engine oil and it will lasts more than a lifetime

Back