Nice portable (small) wireless mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good one these days?

After about 5 years of heavy use, my Logitech V450 nano is starting to act up (the dreaded left button double-click issue), and there does not seem to be a direct replacement of it in Logitech's lineup nowadays. I picked up an M325 from Amazon, but it's nowhere near the quality of the old V450, and the scroll wheel doesn't have that click-roll action either. Ergonomically, it's worse as well.

Any recommendations?

V450:
mouse-dongle.jpg

M325:
5.jpg

Logitech refreshes product lines frequently, just got to BM store and see and try the mice on display to see what fits you the best. People get very finicky about mice, once you buy something new try it for a month, and if you still like it buy few spares for the future.

Originally Posted By: GreenFocus
and if you still like it buy few spares for the future.

Yeah, I really wish I had done that with that V450.

I have an M510 and like it.
Still solid after about 5 yrs.

Get one with unifying symbol. That way you can add other wirelss stuff, like a wireless LT keyboard if you ever need it in the future, and use the same wireless usb dongle.

I've had good luck with the older wireless Microsoft Laser laptop mice. I've had mine since 2005 and it still works, though I don't use it very much anymore. My girlfriend has one that is almost the same that I bought at a garage sale and uses it all the time and aside from it looking worn, it still works fine as well. I prefer wired mice, myself.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

M325:
5.jpg

^^^ THIS one!! I've had this for a while and it is great! Feels great in the hand, positive clicks, great battery life!

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc

M325:
5.jpg

^^^ THIS one!! I've had this for a while and it is great! Feels great in the hand, positive clicks, great battery life!

+1 Well worth the money.

I have a couple Logitech Performance MX mice that I use for home/work use and a few months ago I bought a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse for travel since I realized the Performance mouse was a little large to travel around with.

So far it has been a nice traveling (small) alternative to the Performance mouse and I would definitely check it out. The Darkfield sensor works on a lot of different surfaces. I have yet to come across a surface it won't track well on. Mine is still on the original 2 AA batteries. You can run it on either 1 or 2 batteries depending on your weight preference.

51kcNPvmyXL.jpg

Logitech M705 is what I use. Been using it for close to 6-7 years. Logitech replaced it once for me under 3yr warranty. Excellent mouse. I use it 8-10 hours or more 5-6 days a week...runs on one AA battery.

Last edited:
I've been a trackball guy since the early 00's
Got one of these For Christmas 2000: ( TrackMan Marble Wheel)
3102JHY56FL._SX450_.jpg

it was a trooper. worked nearly flawlessly Until last August (2013),when suddenly one day the ball stopped tracking. buttons all worked, but cursor wouldn't move.

replaced with this modern equivalent:
Logitech M570
41cNmbZDrqL.jpg

uses the logitech unifying receiver (small dongle, works with most of their wireless input devices)
almost a year in, still on the original battery. though i seriously doubt the unit will last 13 years like the last one.

OK, but if you re-read my post, I already bought that M325 and it's nowhere close to what the V450 was.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Logitech M705 is what I use.

Thanks. I have one of these, too, for my desktop. But as per the title of my thread, I am looking for a small/portable mouse, not a full size mouse.

Originally Posted By: cutlassvillager
I bought a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse

Thanks. Yeah, that's probably going to be the next one I try if I can't find a new V450 on ebay. Most of the V450s on ebay are refurbs.

OK, but if you re-read my post, I already bought that M325 and it's nowhere close to what the V450 was.

Yea I know, but it's the best mouse that I've ever had/used so I said it anyway.

I am not a fan of Logitech mice. My favorite has been the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3000. It is a previous model, but you can still get them on eBay for around $15.

Interestingly, some come with a nano receiver and some come with the older, large dongle (about 3" long).

I had a Logitiech and went to a Microsoft. The Logitech has better features on the button wheels. The Microsoft only needs one battery.

I actually don't mind the two batteries - it gives the mouse a more hefty substantial feel while still having the small portable size. The Anywhere MX can be operated on just one battery, as cutlasvillager noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back