NHRA Gatornationals postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked on every 'job' on a top fuel car over the years. So I know a lot about the cars themselves. When I last worked as a 'crew member', I was typically called a 'Car Chief'. The last few years I sort of filled that same position with a few teams, but more in a consulting role. Basically I oversaw the work done by the crew members, and stepped in when needed, all at the direction of the team owner, crew chief, and in some cases an assistant crew chief, in that order.

In a 'consulting' role, I was my own boss of my own consulting business, with the tax advantages of being a 'business'.

Basically it was a better deal for me, and the owner(s) had a bit less liability.

Ridiculous! All this cancelling major events and other mass hysteria over a virus that is NO WORSE than the Flu or any other pandemic previous to it!!! Its the MSM and the Lefts way of taking hits at our President and nothing more!

Originally Posted by 02SE
I've worked on every 'job' on a top fuel car over the years. So I know a lot about the cars themselves. When I last worked as a 'crew member', I was typically called a 'Car Chief'. The last few years I sort of filled that same position with a few teams, but more in a consulting role. Basically I oversaw the work done by the crew members, and stepped in when needed, all at the direction of the team owner, crew chief, and in some cases an assistant crew chief, in that order.

In a 'consulting' role, I was my own boss of my own consulting business, with the tax advantages of being a 'business'.

Basically it was a better deal for me, and the owner(s) had a bit less liability.

Excellent. I didn't know the pro teams went farther than the Cheif making the calls.
Can I ask a few more top fuel related questions?

The owner of course has the final say. Then the Crew Chief, then the assistant Crew Chief (if there is one) then the Car Chief (again, if there is one). Different teams have different dynamics.

I could probably answer some questions. It depends on the question. IF I get back out there, I wouldn't want to have issues with having given away any hard-won and critical info that teams like to keep to themselves.

At one time I shared info on another website more openly. Nothing critical, but someone took it upon themselves to contact the team I was working for at the time, and attempted to cause problems for me. The owner of that team called me, told me that someone had tried to cause problems, and had sent him a link to the website discussion. Like me, he didn't have any respect for such a cowardly, underhanded act. There was nothing critical in what I had shared anyway.

So, since then I only share more general info. I hope you understand.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Ridiculous! All this cancelling major events and other mass hysteria over a virus that is NO WORSE than the Flu or any other pandemic previous to it!!! Its the MSM and the Lefts way of taking hits at our President and nothing more!

****** the "lefts": of every country in the world. Shut up stupid!

I do understand. My questions are general anyways.
What rear ends did you prefer strange / Christan?

Do you preheat any components prior to the burn out?

Do the rearends have forced lubrication?

What is the most common brand of frame these days or do the teams build their own?

Have you ever made a pass in a TF?

Originally Posted by P10crew
I do understand. My questions are general anyways.
What rear ends did you prefer strange / Christan?
Both Chrisman and Strange have pluses and minuses. I prefer the Chrisman

Do you preheat any components prior to the burn out?
All teams warm up the engine and axle, while also making sure everything looks good while in the pits

Do the rearends have forced lubrication?
No

What is the most common brand of frame these days or do the teams build their own?
Most of the teams with multiple cars, make their own. The last two teams I worked on did. McKinney was popular when I first started out.

No

Last edited:
Originally Posted by P10crew

I should clarify. I've done warmups, burnout, back-up, stage, and left at the step, but never a full pass. I made an attempt to get a TF license, but the cards to continue down that path just didn't pan out. That's alright though, I got a taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back