NGK vs. Motorcraft vs. Something Else

Alright, I let my NGK bias show and ordered the NGK Rutheniums.

Also added to the order were COP boots(compromised on just changing those rather than the whole COP assembly) and a new intake plenum gasket.

Not sure if the last is needed, but it wasn't expensive for a Fel-Pro gasket(and that's a brand I respect/trust tremendously also) and I like to have a replacement gasket for any that I remove especially considering the age/mileage on this one.

Also happy that I've found a hood in-color to replace the one that got smashed by a tire tread at 70mph a few years ago and I've never gotten around to fixing. Hopefully I'll actually give this old car a new lease on life! If I'm going to get it running in tip top shape, I might as well have it looking that way too. I'd ideally like to find a new grille/bumper cover to go with this also(to replace the one that also got dinged, but not as badly) but I can make do for now.

I'm running LTR6IX11 in my transverse Duratech. Have been great. They do only have a 50k mile life time though.

Did not see any lasers that would fit mine (16 explorer). Next time I will go with Ruthenium.

I had the Pilot in for another service right before the transmission died, to throw some more bucks at my trusted mechanic I asked him to change the plugs with NGK Iridium. (He keeps complaining that people only bring him the hard work... guilty as charged... changing plugs on an old Pilot is easy work, so there!) Anyway he couldn't get the Iridium's that day, so he put in Denso Double Platinums. I didn't blink, and thanked him for an excellent choice.

Back