Next New Oil You Will Try ?

I might try Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-40 in my truck. Instead of the Mobil 1, 10W-40 High Mileage I'm using now. Someone here told me the Pennzoil High Mileage oil has more of the seal expansion stuff in it. (Or whatever it's called).

But that won't be for a while, because I have several jugs of the Mobil 1 laying around. The leaks have subsided somewhat, but didn't completely stop. (Rear Main).

Going back to a blend, probably Maxlife red. Since I switched to synthetic my car has been using a little, only halfish qt a year at 3k. I've tried Valvoline Advanced twice, Maxlife FS and currently have Castrol FS which seems to be using more, it's used a half qt and I'm not even half way though the year. I mainly want to see if going back to a blend will stop the usage.

I am intrigued by HPL's oil. There are a couple of flavors that have caught my attention.
OTOH, I'm quite happy with M1 EP, and there is a big price difference between the two in favor of M1.
I looked to buy some cleaner and the shipping was around 15 dollars for the quart.

Nothing until maybe 2027, I should be fine till then.

Mobil oil bought 8-2021.JPG

Last edited:
I might try Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-40 in my truck. Instead of the Mobil 1, 10W-40 High Mileage I'm using now. Someone here told me the Pennzoil High Mileage oil has more of the seal expansion stuff in it. (Or whatever it's called).

But that won't be for a while, because I have several jugs of the Mobil 1 laying around. The leaks have subsided somewhat, but didn't completely stop. (Rear Main).
My old truck didn't care for PHM 10w40. I felt like M1HM was a much stouter oil.

Sticking with Mobil1 HM 5W30 and the VW/Audi 0W-30 for the foreseeable future.

I am running QS blend HM10w40 in my old C1500, granted w a bottle of Moly EP but the old 350 likes it. Usage is way down from 1.5qts to .5qt per 5k oci. I don't think the thickness of the Moly is it though as I ran bottles of Lucas w 10w40's and it still leaked about 1.5qts. If the Pennzoil doesn't work may give it a try. Was running Maxlife blend before the QS

Back