Next New Oil You Will Try ?

Found some late 80’s QS Supreme SAE 30 in the gf’s dads basement. Had few clear quarts of QS 4x4 5w30 and 10w30. So, put this in a friends 91’ Chevy S-10 longbed with manual trans. He even had the cartridge filter for the “tech 4” engine. Put half the QS Supreme in and half QS 4x4 5w30. No issues

It's going to be awhile before I buy anymore oil for myself. I restocked and have enough to do three more yearly oil changes on my truck, plus each ope once and not be out. Transmission in the truck was done a few weeks ago, differentials done a few months ago. Transfer case oil was serviced right before I bought it. I'm stocked up on super lube for the pistol. Got plenty of 2 stroke oil for the chainsaw, plenty of bar oil as well. when I do get around to needing more I'll probably just buy what I need when I need it.

After running three consecutive 10,000 mile intervals using Mobil1 EP (and knowing that my current run is with the new formula with the much lower PAO percentage), my next change I will be dialing back the interval and upping the viscosity a tad (0W20 to 5W30), and using the Amalie synthetic I have laying around for the occasion.

Just bought Kirkland 5w30 the other week when it was on sale. 800mi on it & car seems to run the same as a Mobil1 HM fill. Gas mileage is unchanged, the engine is quiet & smooth. I've checked the level twice 'just because' & it's unchanged. Car usually uses a qt between changes, some definitely leaks out, & with 382k mi, if some is burned I wouldn't be surprised or even upset. Daily driven GS400 so 1uzfe...I don't think it cares what's in the sump as long as it isn't molasses (and that might even be ok in summertime desert heat)

Been a Mobil 1 only guy for forever pretty much.
Found this severely price slashed so picked it up.
Will try it someday if and when my allegiance to Mobil 1 ever softens lol.

Attachments

• 20230212_134815.jpg
    20230212_134815.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230212_134825.jpg
    20230212_134825.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 26
What is the next new oil you will try and why ? ... For me , M1 Truck & SUV 5W30 synthetic because it has 10% ~ 15% more detergents and anti-wear agents than regular M1 . If I can't find that , then Valvoline 5W30 EP is on deck.
HPL No VII Euro 5w30, because oil changes regardless of cost are dirt cheap compared to rebuilding a 24V VVT DOHC GDI twin-turbo with 16 feet of timing chain…

M1 ESP 5W-30 in a Honda to deal with 2 engine characteristics: Fuel dilution and occasional VTC rattle (at start-up).
Using M1 ESP OW-30 now, but I want to thicken things up a bit when it's cold to help with the rattle and no, a 0W- is not warranted for my climate. Will my choice make any difference? Who knows, probably not.

I have 3 jugs of Castrol Full Synthetic to try in the Forte when this current fill of Mobil 1 is done and the Trailblazer will get whatever I find on sale between now and when it's due for a change again.

Back