Next New Oil You Will Try ?

I'm just looking forward to what HPL comes out with over the years.
Can never be good enough.

I am going to try Driven GP-1 in my newly built 454 and 327 as well as I might change to it from Lucas oil 20w 50 hot rod oil in my 355

Castrol GTX full syn. Bought a bunch on clearance. I heard it's similar to magnatec but never used it.

Also bought some Mag 1 at a store I've never been to that has their products. Never used Mag 1 but I'm sure it's similar to super tech which I have used.

My next new oil to try is Mobil 1 5W30 SP ,GF-6 , D1 / Gen 3 rated synthetic oil as BITOG member (Gokan) indicated the bases stocks for this oil were improved and the add pack appears to be better than before (probably in order to meet D1 / Gen 3 requirements) . I admire HPL oils and those that use them in stellar engine designs - but the sad reality is that my wonderful Theat II 2.4L GDI engine simply can't surpass a 4K mile OCI due to the soot produced and the thrashing this GDI engine does to oil . *If you drive a GDI engine - then best available synthetic oil off of the WM shelf - is my new motto ! :)

My next new oil to try is Mobil 1 5W30 SP ,GF-6 , D1 / Gen 3 rated synthetic oil as BITOG member (Gokan) indicated the bases stocks for this oil were improved and the add pack appears to be better than before (probably in order to meet D1 / Gen 3 requirements) . I admire HPL oils and those that use them in stellar engine designs - but the sad reality is that my wonderful Theat II 2.4L GDI engine simply can't surpass a 4K mile OCI due to the soot produced and the thrashing this GDI engine does to oil . *If you drive a GDI engine - then best available synthetic oil off of the WM shelf - is my new motto ! :)
I have a case of 5qts of this in the 10w30 that will be run in my ‘07 Impreza for the next 15k miles, so probably until 2026! 👍🏻

Back