NEXEN TIRE ADDS VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT TO OE PORTFOLIO

Just fitted a new set of Nexen Nfera SU4's. Have not driven on a more comfortable tyre, seriously good, quiet, easy rolling. Too early to judge the rest, but Nexen is worth a try... at 60% the price of premiums.
Past tyres include Michelin, Firestone, Falken, Barum (Continental 2 tier brand).

Originally Posted by MParr
Nexen makes horrible tires. I even refused to buy a Tiguan with the Giti tires. The Bridgestone Ecopia Plus 422 are excellent OE tires.

I'd disagree. My Jetta came with the Ecopia Plus 422. They came off in the first 2K miles. I have never had tires so out of round before. I couldn't get any of them to not bounce going down the road. I would have happily taken the Giti over them.

Got lucky with our 2018 Tiguan and got Conti tires. However many came OEM with Giti tires in 2018 which I have absolutely no idea what they are except they sound like the bargain bin tire brands (typically Made In China) you can get at Walmart.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Got lucky with our 2018 Tiguan and got Conti tires. However many came OEM with Giti tires in 2018 which I have absolutely no idea what they are except they sound like the bargain bin tire brands (typically Made In China) you can get at Walmart.

Giti is indonesia company, and most likely made in indonesia. The giti tires are only limited to 215/65r17 size on the Tiguan.

The Conti ProContact TX people don't seem to like them.

P.S. Last time I was at the dealership, I noticed some Kumho Crugen KL33 on the Atlas.

Last edited:
Back