Newerish to me Ford edge 2019

Just got a new 2019 (used... 55,000kms) New to me ford edge titanium awd up here in the great north of Canada. My old car was a lincoln MKS with the 3.7l but it was time for a change. My lincoln called for 5w20 but I see this lil turbo 2.0l calling for 5w30? What yall recommend for the top notch stuff at a walmart I should pick up?
M1EP 5w30 or the new QS ultimate Synthetic

The QS as you mentioned doesnt have the ford spec. Although I am sure it would be fine, I dont want to go off the beaten path.
Anything that's GM Dexos 1 Gen 3 approved should exceed the Ford Spec, the ford spec is pretty much just Ford's version of the latest API/ILSAC spec, while GM Dexos1Gen3 builds from it but has more stringent requirements than the baseline ILSAC spec.

So far the oils in Canada that are available to me that fits the ford requirements for the 2.0 engine are
CASTROL Synthetic Engine Oil GTX Magnatec 5W30
Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 5W30 Synthetic Engine
Mobil 1™ Advanced Fuel Economy 0W30 Synthetic Engine
Mobil Full Synthetic 5W30 Engine/Motor Oil
NameSpecification
Engine Oil - SAE 5W-30WSS-M2C961-A1
NameSpecification
Engine Oil - SAE 0W-30WSS-M2C963-A1

Any specific brands when its on sale for the 5w30? I think Id kinda like to stick the the weight the manufacturer recommends
I just sold a 2014 Escape with the 2.0L turbo. On the west coast, 15w40 worked fine in the summer and 5w40 offered more than enough
cold start performance in the winter. I used #3600 filters. A cat-back exhaust system made all the difference on the turbo engine.
In Brandon, MB you need 0Wxx for winter. IMO, 0W40 would be a good year round one size fits all viscosity.
Mobil Delvac 0w40 is expensive for a reason.

If you're a hockey fan, (Wheat Kings) take a look at who's running the GMC dealership at Cochrane, AB.

Last edited:
Back