Newer Lincoln SUV lights pulse or breathe when it is off

Really wish I knew why it did this. My neighbors have a newer Lincoln SUV, probably an MKC I'll know for sure in the morning. They park it right in my window as that is just how the living arrangement is set up with the house and the parking lot etc.

Several times a night, these really bright, high intensity LED lights ? Come on, then off.. a pulse or breathe motion. Car is off.

Fills my whole room with light, wakes me up.

I wish I knew what was going on..
Faulty alarm?
They pressing the key fob?
Is it just doing it by itself for some reason?

I wish I could provide more information as to why, but I wanted to ask, why does it do this. None of the other cars out there do this. This might be the only car I've seen do this. And if you've seen the photo of the blue Mitsubishi Lancer in Random Photos, you know how close those bright LEDs are to where I sleep.. ?

Tell them that this is happening. Ask them if they're aware of this. Be nice and they will be understanding.
Also, because of the lighting in your room at night, ask them if they'll park the other way.
I will do that.. honestly thought there was perhaps a mechanical reason specific to this Lincoln why it was doing that.

Tell them that this is happening. Ask them if they're aware of this. Be nice and they will be understanding.
Also, because of the lighting in your room at night, ask them if they'll park the other way.
Good advice!(y) I'd say something like, "Hey I think your car is doing something goofy, it may have an electrical problem, I'd have it checked out asap before it leaved you stranded or something" to bring it to their attention.

I will probably ask them if they know it is doing this. I could assume they do because our cars trade spots in front of each others windows (ground level windows) and they always park forward and I always back in, but I will need to see if they that own the black Lincoln are actually who I see in the hallway. We all have different schedules.

I wanted to ask the experts, seems we have a pretty good idea of the problem with the car!

This forum sometimes :geek:
Now, would you all want to murder me if the vehicle in question here actually ended up being an MKX?

A Ford tech told me he neds his Steering column module reprogrammed.. I put a pic of the car in Random Photos, really thought it was an MKC at first but. Problems between the two should be the same, I apologize.

Now, would you all want to murder me if the vehicle in question here actually ended up being an MKX?

A Ford tech told me he neds his Steering column module reprogrammed.. I put a pic of the car in Random Photos, really thought it was an MKC at first but. Problems between the two should be the same, I apologize.
So that guy in your profile pic, what's so dope about his lemon?

Back