Newer Amsoil Extended Life 10W30 UOA

JWB

Amsoil changed the XL to Extended Life. Looks much closer to SS and rated for 20,000. Good shot of Moly and Boron.
Amsoil Extended.PNG

Is this the new 20k mile oil? It does look similar to the SS. Wonder what the oxidation reading would show bc Amsoil SS uses a nice does of group V.

Is this the new 20k mile oil? It does look similar to the SS. Wonder what the oxidation reading would show bc Amsoil SS uses a nice does of group V.
Yes its their 20k oil. Not sure on base oil or VII. I also sent in a 0W20 Hybrid from them as I have a 2023 Sonata Hybrid and looking to see whats different. Will post when I get it back.

I got this extended life oil for the Versa. I wonder if it would sample much differently than the high price stuff? of course the problem is it costs more to sample than it does to purchase this stuff. .
IMG_0388.JPG

I got this extended life oil for the Versa. I wonder if it would sample much differently than the high price stuff? of course the problem is it costs more to sample than it does tp purchase.View attachment 179710
My guess is the Moly and Boron is not as high. Does that make a difference I am not sure. However there is different quality levels of Boron and Moly.

A ballpark of decomposed and mostly metallic elements. Just remember it's not additives.
Not going ti debate here. The additive pack is shown in every oil analysis. The accuracy is questionable but it does tell me if things are on the higher side IF one wanted a longer drain interval. Moly also tells me older Moly vs TRI.

Not going ti debate here. The additive pack is shown in every oil analysis. The accuracy is questionable but it does tell me if things are on the higher side IF one wanted a longer drain interval. Moly also tells me older Moly vs TRI.
How does it do that? Any specific molybdenum compound is completely decomposed in the ICP.

And no, the "additive pack" is not shown. There are additives without metallic or metalloid atoms which would not show up.

How does it do that? Any specific molybdenum compound is completely decomposed in the ICP.

And no, the "additive pack" is not shown. There are additives without metallic or metalloid atoms which would not show up.

Last edited:
Why do a cut-and paste from a website?

This shows you have no clue what you're talking about. Who are you trying to fool?
Its a cut and paste from an ICO article. I am not in Tribology but the Author is. Again, no need to argue. Maybe you are right. Its just another VOA. Maybe you can do one for use and show us the exact PPM and explain any additives? Dude...chill out.

The pasted text isn't even on the subject of our discussion. It's about sample prep and performing digestions, which is something I have done many times. It is unrelated to whether an ICP can detect the source composition of the specific compounds (which it cannot), nor does it have anything to do with undetectable elements in a spectrographic analysis.

Plus posting something without citation that you randomly found on the Internet is pretty disingenuous. Based on your previous posting history I know you're an advocate for Amsoil but this doesn't help your cause.

The pasted text isn't even on the subject of our discussion. It's about sample prep and performing digestions, which is something I have done many times. It is unrelated to whether an ICP can detect the source composition of the specific compounds (which it cannot), nor does it have anything to do with undetectable elements in a spectrographic analysis.

Plus posting something without citation that you randomly found on the Internet is pretty disingenuous. Based on your previous posting history I know you're an advocate for Amsoil but this doesn't help your cause.

I am sure my post hurts Amsoil I am not an advocate for Amsoil nor a dealer. Its a simple post like the other million UAO on here. Have a blessed day.

I am sure my post hurts Amsoil I am not an advocate for Amsoil nor a dealer. Its a simple post like the other million UAO on here. Have a blessed day.
I don't see anything in that UOA that hurts Amsoil. The add-pack appears to be noticeably better than other recent Extended Protection UOAs from Supertech Advanced, Mobil-1 EP, Castrol EP, Quaker State EP, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Valvoline EP. Is the base oil from Amsoil better? I would think it meets or exceeds that of the Natural Gas base oil suppliers.

Personally, I want extra protection in my measley 3k OCIs. I get those warm fuzzies from Amsoil's readings here and someday soon I with HPL also.
Is the extra cost per jug worth it?....... only in the eyes of the owner-beholder. Some are willing to dish-out for it and those disher-outers are usually the owners that hang-on to their vehicles for (EP) extended periods. I generally hang-on for 15-20 years.

I do the same with gasoline. I buy the best (Shell) and pay more for their Premium fuel, whenever my engines respond positively to the switch from regular to premium.

Last edited:
Back