New Vette - Drop dead gorgeous

Flat crank C8R

47FE273F-4BC3-4DC5-BB75-0BC2C308E903.jpeg

Am I the only one who doesn’t like it? Ferrari wanna be, with a huge rear part and a small frunk, the design is a little bit of everything and nothing unique. Yes I understand that’s it’s powerful and fun to drive and all the cool beans. The prev generation looked like a true American muscle car
i'm with ya...give me a c7 any day especially now with the deals...

I'll wait to say this is a great car until a few years go by and we can see what the recalls look like. Usually things that seem too good to be true are, at least somewhat. I think this is no different considering the price tag...my concern would be long-term quality. Definitely appears to be a gigantic step for GM here, if it holds up.

I still don’t understand why GM wants the passenger in a Corvette to be in a cacoon..... ?

I think they're as ugly as SIN! 🤮
I would take a '67 with a 427 tri-power ANY DAY! (y)
View attachment 33350

Super nose heavy. Give me a 327 Fuelie or an L84 solid lifter 327 over this anyday. 360-380 gross HP is plenty enough power for this platform. The big blocks just make for worse handling and a lot of tire smoke. The high power small blocks make for a more balanced car in the C2. Yes, I've been fortunate enough to drive a few, talking 30+ years ago when I was a young man growing up on the left coast.

[edit] ok there's no doubt that rolling up with that 427 on the hood has an undeniable cool factor, but for a car that wasn't a garage queen, give me a small block.

Super nose heavy. Give me a 327 Fuelie or an L84 solid lifter 327 over this anyday. 360-380 gross HP is plenty enough power for this platform. The big blocks just make for worse handling and a lot of tire smoke. The high power small blocks make for a more balanced car in the C2. Yes, I've been fortunate enough to drive a few, talking 30+ years ago when I was a young man growing up on the left coast.

[edit] ok there's no doubt that rolling up with that 427 on the hood has an undeniable cool factor, but for a car that wasn't a garage queen, give me a small block.
The small blocks were better balanced cars. Many BB Vettes got sideways and hit walls. The bias ply tires had no chance with the torque monster cars. My car is a Plain Jane L36 (427/390) 4 speed model. The only option is the AM/FM Stereo, pretty rare in a '68. My BIL has the car now. He is finishing the car's interior and more. This car beat me up in sooooo many ways.

68_Vette back.jpg

The small blocks were better balanced cars. Many BB Vettes got sideways and hit walls. The bias ply tires had no chance with the torque monster cars. My car is a Plain Jane L36 (427/390) 4 speed model. The only option is the AM/FM Stereo, pretty rare in a '68. My BIL has the car now. He is finishing the car's interior and more. This car beat me up in sooooo many ways.

View attachment 34392
You could always put an aluminum ZL1 427 big block in it. Shouldn't be too expensive. Then you have a big block Vette that has the balance of a small block Vette.

You could always put an aluminum ZL1 427 big block in it. Shouldn't be too expensive. Then you have a big block Vette that has the balance of a small block Vette.
Yeah, but I kinda like to keep 'em original. My BIL has the car now; he has a nasty 454 (I think) to swap in. He will detail the numbers engine and stash it away. It is already rebuilt. 2nd gear syncros are shot. Just like every other BB transmission of the era.

Back