New Vette - Drop dead gorgeous

I think they're as ugly as SIN! 🤮
I would take a '67 with a 427 tri-power ANY DAY! (y)
VETTE2.jpg

Last edited:
I find the new Corvette to be grossly over styled, like it is trying way too hard to hit the expected styling cues that so called supercars have these days. I'm surprised that they didn't go with Lambo doors to further excite the masses.

The interior is worse. Chevy needs to fire their design staff and hire someone who maybe has studied Pininfarina instead of watching the Transformers movies.

After owning a Tesla Model 3, I have kinda lost interest in ICE performance

It's near impossible to beat electric drive. The outright acceleration is just one aspect. The instant response, the linear power, without shifting losses, the accurate control of traction, etc. Coupled with the easy application of AWD, and it's a winning combination. I'd love to see some affordable performance EV's that look and handle like a Corvette. Unfortunately, that dream will forever remain outside of my reach. As I'm nearing retirement, my income is simply insufficient. Leaving me, and many others like me, little in the way of current EV options.

The Model 3 performance is a corvette beating track day monster when well prepped. But it's still a family car. Amazing.

I guess the only other thing I can say is that it's amazing an emission controlled pushrod V8 can still compete.

Last edited:
The Model 3 performance is a corvette beating track day monster when well prepped. But it's still a family car. Amazing.
Cujet, when people drive our mid range, late 2018 RWD Model 3, they are shocked and say, "Is this the fast one?" I reply, "No, this is the slow one."
If it is in the budget and you can charge at home, it is an incredibly fun car to own. A toy? I think so. But one heck of a toy, lemme tell ya.

Am I the only one who doesn’t like it? Ferrari wanna be, with a huge rear part and a small frunk, the design is a little bit of everything and nothing unique. Yes I understand that’s it’s powerful and fun to drive and all the cool beans. The prev generation looked like a true American muscle car
I don't hate it, but the styling leaves me indifferent. The front end is too stubby, the rear end too bulky, the front grille openings too big. But I want mine in the Zeus Bronze Metallic, please. Z51 option. Can't beat the performance for the price.

The sound is completely different from what we are used to with GM V8s. It sounds like an Italian sports car. Maybe they changed the firing order?
No, the LT2 engine still has the same 2-plane crank and firing order as the preceding LT1. The headers and exhaust system make it sound that way.

The upcoming Z06 with the DOHC 5.5L is the one with the flat crank. GM has been racing it in IMSA all year. You can watch any of the IMSA races on YouTube and hear it for yourself. I think it sounds horrid. It's just a flatulent buzz. Corvettes should THUNDER, not buzz.

They look really big IRL. I drove an AW11 MR2 for a few years and that car was really fun because of its size.
Far too overpriced right now with the markups people are trading them at.

I used to be really into them.
When you stand over them they look like a toy now- just an observation.
I also notice the Chevy bashers steer clear of Vette comments.
Don't get me wrong I'd own another.
Like my first year Challenger RT people became a nuisance. The Vette is the same way.
Drive a Porsche and nobody cares or bothers you. Not being bothered by drunken old men appeals to me :)

Proof GM can build a world class car at less than half the price when they want to. The last time they did that was with the Series 70 Eldorado Brougham that could compete with RR or any other uber luxury car, it was however more expensive than the Rolls.
I loved the 76 Eldo........... Freight liner

Regarding the exhaust sound, it’s just the exhaust and headers making it sound like that. There’s a lot less exhaust pipe now that the engine is mid mounted.

No, the LT2 engine still has the same 2-plane crank and firing order as the preceding LT1. The headers and exhaust system make it sound that way.

The upcoming Z06 with the DOHC 5.5L is the one with the flat crank. GM has been racing it in IMSA all year. You can watch any of the IMSA races on YouTube and hear it for yourself. I think it sounds horrid. It's just a flatulent buzz. Corvettes should THUNDER, not buzz.
I don't like the sound of flat cranks.

I find the new Corvette to be grossly over styled, like it is trying way too hard to hit the expected styling cues that so called supercars have these days. I'm surprised that they didn't go with Lambo doors to further excite the masses.

The interior is worse. Chevy needs to fire their design staff and hire someone who maybe has studied Pininfarina instead of watching the Transformers movies.
I wished it looked more like a Crown Vic

The prev generation looked like a true American muscle car

I guess it might be nitpicking, but the Corvette has never really been a muscle car. It's a sports car that has always competed with other sports cars from around the world. It didn't even have domestic competition when it came out, and didn't have a V8 either for two years. Muscle cars came later and were more about stuffing lots of engine in everyday, everyman cars. High performance Chevelles and the like are really the epitome of muscle car. The closest thing GM has offered recently was the GTO and SS. The Camaro is really a "pony car," though it and the Mustang have since filled the role that muscle cars used to.

The styling isn't for me, but that's coming from someone who almost exclusively owns and drives 1990s era Ford trucks.."almost" being I have had a couple Ford trucks from the early 2000s. I don't really like the styling of most sports cars anyway, and I really don't think there's any blasphemy going on with the new Corvette. If anything it's staying true to its roots as a pure sports car that competes with international sports cars. As someone who doesn't care to own any year of Corvette, I think I'd have the most fun driving the new one, and that's really what the car is about.

I think it's pretty amazing they came up with a car like this for the price they are offering it at, though right now the dealer markup is insane. The dealer I work at finally got one, and it sold in days for almost $50k over MSRP.

Back