New Vette - Drop dead gorgeous

We saw a silver C8 Corvette this afternoon north of the GG Bridge in Marin...
It had black stripes down the center of the hood and other black accents I think.
Let me tell you this car is stunning. Pictures fail miserably to do it justice.
Sue said, "It looks like a race car."
It took me back to Ford GTs, McLarerens and Chaparrals of CanAm racing at Luguna Seca in Monterrey.

After owning a Tesla Model 3, I have kinda lost interest in ICE performance; this Vette is a game changer.
O.M.G. This car is flat out amazing. And scary...

We saw a silver C8 Corvette this afternoon north of the GG Bridge in Marin...
It had black stripes down the center of the hood and other black accents I think.
Let me tell you this car is stunning. Pictures fail miserably to do it justice.
Sue said, "It looks like a race car."
It took me back to Ford GTs, McLarerens and Chaparrals of CanAm racing at Luguna Seca in Monterrey.

After owning a Tesla Model 3, I have kinda lost interest in ICE performance; this Vette is a game changer.
O.M.G. This car is flat out amazing. And scary...
There is a blue one in my small town … have to agree they are stunning in real life … even had a twinkle in the turn signal a bit like the Mustang but more subtle … sounded wicked pulling out in traffic

Sure does look like a super car. :D
6448D2F9-5A85-405E-879C-AFD6DA9D944B.png

Last edited:
Proof GM can build a world class car at less than half the price when they want to. The last time they did that was with the Series 70 Eldorado Brougham that could compete with RR or any other uber luxury car, it was however more expensive than the Rolls.

There's a few around me. A black all stock, a white all stock, and a white with 26" chromes.

To me the front looks great. The rear is meh, I see they tried to incorporate the C7's rear too much in it. The side profile right now is horrendous.

The engine does not have a flat plane crank. The engine is an updated LT1, same "old" crank.
From Trav's previous post on the C8, looks like a flat plane crank is in the works.
The sound is completely different from what we are used to with GM V8s. It sounds like an Italian sports car. Maybe they changed the firing order?

Am I the only one who doesn’t like it? Ferrari wanna be, with a huge rear part and a small frunk, the design is a little bit of everything and nothing unique. Yes I understand that’s it’s powerful and fun to drive and all the cool beans. The prev generation looked like a true American muscle car

Am I the only one who doesn’t like it? Ferrari wanna be, with a huge rear part and small trunk, the design is a little bit of everything and nothing unique. Yes I understand that’s it’s powerful and fun to drive and all the cool beans. The prev generation looked like a true American muscle car
No you aren’t alone. I don’t care for this, or anything new lol. This looks way too modern and unamerican lol.

I don't like the way they sound. They sound kind've cheap, like a V6 Mustang with a loud exhaust. Camaro's sound WAY better!! BUT,it's a beautiful car!! Maybe they just need a good aftermarket exhaust to make them sound better.

Last edited:
Back