New Vette - Drop dead gorgeous

The new Corevtte will not age well. Most people who buy exotics don't do so for the drive or performance, they do it for the status. The C8 is trying to go for the exotic look without being exotic and it just ends up coming off cheap.

It's also more of an ultra-performance grand tourer than a dedicated sports car. But I get that's something people want. Not for me.

looking more like an exotic it looks good to me, BUT earlier models look the best to me + only $$$$ separate the performance capability of various models. if my pockets were very deep it would be a 63-7 restomod with modern drivetrain as "big brother" holds back + decides how modern cars go + stop, older models can outdo many newer innovations with enough $$$$, + even though its slower to shift a REAL manual tranny is essential to ME!! besides the cost of the C-8 working on it would be a costly nightmare!!! only the RICH need apply!!

I like how the Corvette looks futuristic. The “retro” look every car mfg is trying to go for is really boring.

Saw my first blue C8 today at a stoplight. Wanted to give him a thumbs up, but apparently he was having an issue with the center touch screen.
I would take a black one.

looking more like an exotic it looks good to me, BUT earlier models look the best to me + only $$$$ separate the performance capability of various models. if my pockets were very deep it would be a 63-7 restomod with modern drivetrain as "big brother" holds back + decides how modern cars go + stop, older models can outdo many newer innovations with enough $$$$, + even though its slower to shift a REAL manual tranny is essential to ME!! besides the cost of the C-8 working on it would be a costly nightmare!!! only the RICH need apply!!
The problem with the C2 and C3 generations was horrible aerodynamics. The front end gets very light at speed!
The biggest wheel you could put in a '67 was 7" wide. The tunnel needed big mods to fit a newer transmission in.
Fit and finish was horrible.
FYI, my education on these cars is bought an paid for. Many times over...

68_Vette back.jpg

I owned a 1969 Corvette when I was 21. It was a blue 350/350 hp roadster with a white top and black interior. No air or power steering but a blast to own and drive at such a young age. I have owned an 87,97,98 and the 2005 I purchased brand new and still own. The C8 is an awesome car and a friend of mine has one and he constantly beats on it. Quick 60s, drags and auto cross as well as those high speed runs they have in Nebraska. The newer car the better IMO just to reduce headaches. I just hope they make the C8 for a while before going hybrid or electric. I know that is the wave of the future but a Corvette just needs to be gas powered only IMO. I like the C7 Z06s and my brother had one and they are scary fast. I would like the C7 Z06 or a C8 but the prices are way out of bounds and need a correction.

I like how the Corvette looks futuristic. The “retro” look every car mfg is trying to go for is really boring.
Been driving past a large home under construction on a few acres … really interesting and efficient design … but has glass garage doors … huh? Now I get it … Nice C8 Vette parked in it yesterday 😷
(they have a huge metal building too - so I’m sure other toys sleep there) …

The new Corevtte will not age well. Most people who buy exotics don't do so for the drive or performance, they do it for the status. The C8 is trying to go for the exotic look without being exotic and it just ends up coming off cheap.

It's also more of an ultra-performance grand tourer than a dedicated sports car. But I get that's something people want. Not for me.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

new Z06 looks very pedestrian, not that they could do much to make it stand out

Attachments

• 88290E18-7157-43FB-A915-31657B69A488.jpeg
    88290E18-7157-43FB-A915-31657B69A488.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back