New Valvoline Extended Protection

It's funny reading this. I bought this oil sometime around the end of March not knowing it was brand new. It was about $27 for 5 quart jug then. I just re-upped and bought 4 jugs at either $21 or $22 a jug, a little cheaper. I for some reason have an affinity for Valvoline, so I like this oil and especially like that it's overkill for my Pentastar(Port Injection.)

No, I'm not an oil aficionado like many here :)

This is better in my opinion

Attachments

• 6B85FE20-9F29-4E40-9683-7240D5DE858A.jpeg
    6B85FE20-9F29-4E40-9683-7240D5DE858A.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 85182D62-14BE-4F14-8BF6-72B6E800AFB0.jpeg
    85182D62-14BE-4F14-8BF6-72B6E800AFB0.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 127
According to Walmart you can have 5qts shipped to the store for $$46 and some change, at that price and the fact that I’d have to have it shipped to the store or home I might as well go back to using amsoil, I’m not entirely sure what would make the Euro Oil better but the 4.6 modular in my Crown Vic is plenty happy with the EP and based on the VOA I’ve seen it’s got a very stout add pack. I’d love to see a VOA of the European oil but I’m not sold on it being better.

According to Walmart you can have 5qts shipped to the store for $$46 and some change, at that price and the fact that I’d have to have it shipped to the store or home I might as well go back to using amsoil, I’m not entirely sure what would make the Euro Oil better but the 4.6 modular in my Crown Vic is plenty happy with the EP and based on the VOA I’ve seen it’s got a very stout add pack. I’d love to see a VOA of the European oil but I’m not sold on it being better.
Amazon has it for $78 for 3 5qt jugs. So it’s really not expensive oil for the given approvals it has. Maybe not the cheapest you can find but definitely not the most expensive either.

My feeling after the Marketing of Modern engine and the Miserable death of that Mobil 1 high cost oil they've tried to tame it down a bit. But for me they are going to have to drop it to $20 range or show me some real documentation that it adds several 10's of thousands of miles to the engine life over the oils I can buy for $16 a Jug or less. But so far no real numbers support their claim of how great this oil is. By the way we are all anxiously awaiting those numbers Big oil!

It’s a VW 504/507 approved oil which is a fairly high bar to hit. Plus it meets API SP for those who think it’s important. It’s much cheaper than Mobil ESP that everyone holds in high regard but it also has the latest API SP rating.
Interesting, you can’t even find it on Valvolines website all I see is the regular European oil unless these are the same

My feeling after the Marketing of Modern engine and the Miserable death of that Mobil 1 high cost oil they've tried to tame it down a bit. But for me they are going to have to drop it to $20 range or show me some real documentation that it adds several 10's of thousands of miles to the engine life over the oils I can buy for $16 a Jug or less. But so far no real numbers support their claim of how great this oil is. By the way we are all anxiously awaiting those numbers Big oil!

This one perhaps? (Edit: I don’t know why is says robot or human. It’s a Walmart link to Valvoline EP)

Back