New Valvoline Extended Protection

Not so sure. Look at shelf space and it should tell you what sells and what doesn't, and I'm sure it varies geographically. Around here, the Walmart shelf has as much space devoteed to Mobil 1 EP as it does any other version, and it is at the eye-level height, which is prime real estate. They made a lot of room for the extended interval Supertech, too.
I work at an auto parts store. M1 Ex Perf SELLS. A lot. Both in people just buying a quart to top off as well as people doing entire oil changes. Why? I don't know, given that I doubt a single person I've sold that oil to in the last however many years it's been on the market has actually gone 15K miles on it. To be honest I don't think very many people even notice they're buying EP, they just grab a Mobil1 in 5W-20 or whatever viscosity they want and move on with their life. But there are some people that ask for it and regulars that use it every oil change. But if they really only did their oil change every 15K I wouldn't see them often enough to remember them and that they buy M1 EP every time.

Download the 0w-16 one. Was hoping for some pao. Would just rather get Mobil 1 ep 0w-20 unless this Valvoline stuff is under $20 and has been uoa'd. I wonder what the st advanced looks like. Anyone have an sds on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-143611_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-143611_Drive.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 149
I'm all about extended oil change intervals. My Ford Focus UOA's show that a car with a port injection engine can easily go 15K miles between oil changes. However, with the fuel(ethanol) dilution issue that most if not all GDI engines have, I would be very careful in testing the limits of a motor oil with a GDI engine. Fuel Dilution is "THE DEVIL".

Oil pickens is getting quite slim at my local wal mart...They were out of my usual so I picked some of this stuff up in 0w-20 for the wife's 6.2l suburban. They never seem to run out of mobil one tho, I swear half of the shelf space if not more is dedicated to all flavors of it.

Not so sure. Look at shelf space and it should tell you what sells and what doesn't, and I'm sure it varies geographically. Around here, the Walmart shelf has as much space devoteed to Mobil 1 EP as it does any other version, and it is at the eye-level height, which is prime real estate. They made a lot of room for the extended interval Supertech, too.
It seems to me that Walmart is not stocking big name brands as much now. You can find plenty of Supertech oil in gas and diesel. But here in NM Walmart 0 diesel oils. Is the shortage that bad or does Walmart want to emerge out of the pandemic just selling their house brand. I’m gonna try the valvoline EO in my Hyundai we will see how it goes

It seems to me that Walmart is not stocking big name brands as much now. You can find plenty of Supertech oil in gas and diesel. But here in NM Walmart 0 diesel oils. Is the shortage that bad or does Walmart want to emerge out of the pandemic just selling their house brand. I’m gonna try the valvoline EO in my Hyundai we will see how it goes
My Walmart has an unsettling amount of ST space but on a side note I was able to grab the last jug of Valvoline EP 5w20 for the Crown Vic, so far so good and at $21 a jug I’m not complaining

I've got two Walmart supercenter stores in my city and both sell the higher priced motor oils at a good clip while the oils like Supertech, Quaker State, Magnatec, etc don't seem to move as much. The funny thing is that ST is positioned to be the first oil people see while the highest priced products are at the end of the aisle in a corner, all products are ordered from least to most expensive in both stores. So most people are walking by all the cheap stuff to buy up the expensive stuff.

I've noticed that Valvoline EP has been moving very well at both stores as well as Royal Purple and Castrol EP. They would sell more M1 if they could get more in I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back