New TV Audio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
But no HDMI ARC on the new HiSense? I find that surprising.

AFAIK, he never said that Hisense has no ARC. But unless he buys a new HT receiver, ARC would be of no use to him since his 20-year-old Sony receiver has no HDMI connections.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
But no HDMI ARC on the new HiSense? I find that surprising.

AFAIK, he never said that Hisense has no ARC. But unless he buys a new HT receiver, ARC would be of no use to him since his 20-year-old Sony receiver has no HDMI connections.

I don't know about ARC on it. I won't open it for several weeks. I believe it has 3 HDMI inputs and I now know it has a digital optical output. This will be an upgrade to a 65" 4K HDR from our current Sharp 60" Aquos LC60LE450U circa 2014...which has a great picture for an older non-4K TV....its in our beach house, which has a ton of ambient light that can be well regulated with blinds on the Windows and built in to the sliding doors. So if I have HDMI from my Xfinity X1 box to the TV and than digital Toslink out from the Hisense TV to the Sony receiver, I've got full on digital audio to my home theater system...which I have now but I'm using a Roku 4 player with optical out so two less connections and cables plus no more Roku player. This should be quite OK.

Last edited:
I have my receiver connected via ARC, and it worked great at first, then one day it just stopped working.
confused2.gif
It still transmits video to the TV, but no audio when I use any of the TV apps. Don't know if the problem is in the TV or the receiver. I played around with every setting I could on the TV and the receiver, and it still doesn't work. I ran an optical cable in addition to the HDMI and just use that now. It's been that way for several months; I basically gave up on trying to figure it out.

Originally Posted by exranger06
I have my receiver connected via ARC, and it worked great at first, then one day it just stopped working.
confused2.gif
It still transmits video to the TV, but no audio when I use any of the TV apps. Don't know if the problem is in the TV or the receiver. I played around with every setting I could on the TV and the receiver, and it still doesn't work. I ran an optical cable in addition to the HDMI and just use that now. It's been that way for several months; I basically gave up on trying to figure it out.

Had the same issue with ARC connection on a TCL TV to a Vizio sound bar. Worked for two years and quit. I went with the optical cable too.

Originally Posted by Toros
confused2.gif

Had the same issue with ARC connection on a TCL TV to a Vizio sound bar. Worked for two years and quit. I went with the optical cable too.

ARC is finicky. Optical is very reliable.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by Toros
confused2.gif

ARC is finicky. Optical is very reliable.

And the sound via optical is every bit as good as HDMI.

Last edited:
Optical out toslink LPCM is a garbage connexion

Why? Specifics?

I have always used the optical because I thought it was superior but never much researched it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back