New tunes for SO's 2008 Aveo

Since I did all the mechanical work a few weeks ago, and she's running like a top, I decided to upgrade the sound iny girlfriend's Aveo. I spent as little as possible, it is an Aveo after all, however I think it turned out very well.

I picked up a Kenwood DDX-372BT from a buddy for $60, it's a double-din DVD unit from a few years back. Very nice, bluetooth and iPod connectivity, good quality screen. I really can't complain for the price, and it sounds great. I ordered a Metra install kit and Scosche wiring harness to complete the install.

While I was at it, I threw in a set of MB Quart FKB110 4" front door speakers. Tiny, yes, but anything is better than the disgusting OEM paper speakers. Price? $23.99 on Amazon. I paired those with speaker speaker adaptor harness's to complete the plug-and-play install.

To top it off, I set the button color to purple, her 2nd favorite (black doesn't work well for illumination, after all). She's thrilled with the outcome, although I fear the stereo is now worth more than the car!

Attachments

• 20210202_164235.jpg
    20210202_164235.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 23
They will steal the stereo before the car so watch where it's parked at night.
I wouldn't be heartbroken if they stole the stereo, not for $60.

The car is a manual, no worries about THAT getting stolen 😂

No back speakers or not in budget? hatchback or sedan? I think the sedan can fit monster 6.75" speakers.... hatchback probably another set of 4" microdoor speakers

Older car, used headunit.... match made in heaven.

Features/spec kickbutt for $60

No back speakers or not in budget? hatchback or sedan? I think the sedan can fit monster 6.75" speakers.... hatchback probably another set of 4" microdoor speakers

Older car, used headunit.... match made in heaven.

Features/spec kickbutt for $60
The factory speakers in her base-base model hatch are 4" front and 4x6 rear. Except they aren't, the front's were just a LITTLE bigger than a 4", and from what I've read, the rears are shaped like a 4x6 but a 4x6 doesn't fit...

Either way, that's all this car is getting. She's only looking to get another year out of it, I'm hoping to get rid of it before the noisy throwout bearing becomes a broken throwout bearing. Then again, a clutch kit is only $80, so who knows. It's so stupidly cheap keeping this car working it's almost comical. Tiny brakes, tiny tires, not one single accessory to break. No A/C to leak. Nothing.

Sounds like a beater keeper if you can fit in it
I'm only 5'10, I fit fine and it's actually kind of fun to drive, however I have lower back/sciatic nerve issues and the seats in that thing are ATROCIOUS. More than 20-30 minutes and I'm toast.

Stark difference to my Jeep - 256k miles and I just made the 2.5+ hour trip to Breezy Point and back without the slightest hint of pain. VERY comfortable seats in that truck.

Back