New Truly Wireless Ear Buds, suggestions?

Speaking of getting a good fit, has anyone used aftermarket foam (memory foam?) replacement tips? The kind that replace the soft silicone ones that usually come with buds, that is. I'd *think* those could give a better, more secure fit (I'm one of those with one easy to fit ear and one that never seems right).
I only recently noticed them being I’m buying new buds I’m going to stick to the program of not having to buy aftermarket tips and as you may have noticed I’ll return what doesn’t fit BUT I read they make a big difference by the foam only lasts a few months and have to be replaced regularly

TWS stands for Truly Wireless Stereo. Just means separate BT connection to each earphone (left and right) so that there is no need for a physical cable between left and right earphone.

Basically all the ones we are talking about here. :)
Ahh…. Yes, I’m done with wires though in bed I still use my Soundcore Spirit X bt buds.
If I any more buds Soundcore would be the brand which honestly I to this day like the sound and they work perfectly.
Thing is they are just coming out with the new “3” model and price is getting pricey for the brand which is ok but would want some time to go by

Last edited:
If I any more buds Soundcore would be the brand which honestly I to this day like the sound and they work perfectly.
Thing is they are just coming out with the new “3” model and price is getting pricey for the brand which is ok but would want some time to go by
Last week they had a $20 off coupon on their website for Liberty 3 Pro, but it seems to be gone now. The regular price of $170 is high, I agree. But because the 3 is just being released, you can get a good deal on the 2 right now. Alas, the 2 doesn't have noise cancelling like the 3 does.

With that said, some people who have tried both, seem to be disappointed with the 3:

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of disappointed.

I've had the Sound Core liberty 2 Pro for over a year they have been my favorite pair, so I was excited when Anker release the L3P. I'll keep this quick and simple the ANC is pretty weak, they offer less buds than the L2P so it's harder to get a good fit, the l2P are louder, the touch controls are very finicky and doesn't register my input a lot of times. The l3P are brighter and even sound sibilant/piercing at times, and the vocals as a whole sound "thin"you can adjust in the app but it doesn't completely fix it. If you have the L2P I would not recommend upgrading, some songs on the older L2P sound a lot better.

The basic AirPods work really well. The integration with Apple stuff is amazing because they wrote the hooks into OS to make it happen.

All other bluetooth stuff might sound or look better be cheaper but the operation and handoff is not as flawless. I use my AirPods between my work MacBook Pro and iPhone.

The basic AirPods work really well. The integration with Apple stuff is amazing because they wrote the hooks into OS to make it happen.

All other bluetooth stuff might sound or look better be cheaper but the operation and handoff is not as flawless. I use my AirPods between my work MacBook Pro and iPhone.
Yeah and why I am happy with the Powerbeats, they are keepers, keep in mind I only want/ can use sportbuds, the sound is nice for sure as well as whatever benefit of the H1 chip. The Powerbeats if you were able to read my insanely long posts is pretty much the standard I’m using when comparing. Operation and construction to me is flawless, I actually admire them every time I take them out of the case.

Last week they had a $20 off coupon on their website for Liberty 3 Pro, but it seems to be gone now. The regular price of $170 is high, I agree. But because the 3 is just being released, you can get a good deal on the 2 right now. Alas, the 2 doesn't have noise cancelling like the 3 does.

With that said, some people who have tried both, seem to be disappointed with the 3:
Yes, you know I was just discussing this point with my wife as we walked the dog, true!
2vs3 she is into this stuff too …

I have read comments 2 vs 3 in user reviews like you state. I think I’ll check it out.

You put this thought in my head, I think, again think, I might try the 2 Pro … still thinking about it. Price is a factor only because I’ve been buying stuff like Bose and Apple Beats products in the same price range and less … can’t believe the deals popping up. This pro 2 has me intrigued but still may go and try the Bose again … hmmm who knows maybe both and that will be it. This has become insane!!!

You put this thought in my head, I think, again think, I might try the 2 Pro … still thinking about it. Price is a factor only because I’ve been buying stuff like Bose and Apple Beats products in the same price range and less … can’t believe the deals popping up. This pro 2 has me intrigued but still may go and try the Bose again … hmmm who knows maybe both and that will be it. This has become insane!!!
Sounds like you're happy with Powerbeats, so why not just get another one of these if you need another pair?

Sorry, if you've already answered that earlier. I didn't have time to read your novels. :)

I find that I use my 3m Worktunes more than anything else these days. Most of the time I want wireless earphones, I'm outside working around noisy stuff anyway. In an office setting, my mid-tier Sennheiser cans sound light years better than any in-ear devices I've tried... flat frequency response and a good sound clarity at the lower db's my older ears prefer.

Sounds like you're happy with Powerbeats, so why not just get another one of these if you need another pair?

Sorry, if you've already answered that earlier. I didn't have time to read your novels. :)
Im just having fun trying out different types, the technology is still new and advancements being made.
AS far as the Powerbeats, without question, they are fantastic but like my sunglass "collection" I want another style or two. Example, the Powerbeats are over the ear hook , I would like a "in ear" hook for the next pair (wings). Lets say I am doing something intense outdoors and really want my sunglasses to not rest on the ear hook... again, all in fun. Life is good, these are my problems :eek:)

Oh ... and throw in something that I do not in anyway need but IF I can satisfy everything else I want in earbuds, having a decent but doesnt have to be great built in Noise Cancellation would be nice when I cut the lawn. NC as we will call it, is not a priority on sports buds because most want to be aware of their surroundings and I agree 100%. I really dont need or like being in a noise free cocoon, even if sitting around my house.

But I will admit, it was pretty cool yesterday when I turned on the NC in the Jaybird Vista 2 ear buds while I cut the lawn. It worked far superior then the JBL Sport buds keeping in mind NC is NOT a priority on sport buds, just a little extra, if you want true really good NC right now, it is not going to be in a sport bud and that is ok, I dont use it, except it was nice cutting the lawn.

For a sport bud I was pleasantly surprised how much of, guessing, half the noise spectrum of the mower engine was cut down to almost zero, the other half was still there and very noticeable but just that performance far exceeded the JBLs and again, if you want full state of the art noise NC you will need something better then a sport bud or pay dearly for it at this point, Im sure in another few years it will be standard stuff, I have no interest in it, except if it is there, for fun, while cutting the lawn other wise is stays off and also far extends battery run time having it off.

Overall I am impressed with the Jaybird Vista 2 but the key thing about earbuds is the music and the sound profile of the Jaybird leave something to be desired for me personally, even more so, these are not cheap by any means, in the same price class as the Bose and Powerbeats, I dont know, I just cant make myself happy with the sound yet, Ill try but shouldn't have to try to hard right out of the box at this price. IN fact I paid MORE for the Jaybirds then I did the Powerbeats and Bose.

SO with that said *LOL* I ordered another pair of Bose Sport buds before going to sleep last night. The sound was great on the last pair, had trouble deciding which sound I liked better between the Bose and Powerbeats but then something happened to the Bose and I returned them.
Well, last night I got another killer deal that was too hard to turn down so ordered another set. The Bose have no NC at all, not even good passive NC (I like that) its the music I care about and like the Powerbeats (in a different way) the comfort is amazing. I ordered the Bose Sport Buds for $128 plus tax on Amazon last night, I paid $149 plus tax for the Jaybirds on sale. The Bose was onsale for $149 - $15 (for first time use of the Amazon app) - $6.50 for Discover 5% cash back = 127.50 Which is also around what I paid for the Apple Powerbeats Pro. in another deal. SO I got two sets of "high end" earbuds for around the same cost as one pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses ... (lets not get into those*LOL*)
Since you haven't the time to read my insanely long posts Ill end that here. *L*

Ps, I was about to pull the trigger on the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 also and might still one day just to see if what I am seeing is correct but comments about them being large and bulky were bothering me along with the few other things, like the location of the control buttons on the top of the earbud instead of the side... will see, can pick them up for $100 but I just picked up the Bose for $127 so rather revisit the Bose..

Last edited:
Ps, I was about to pull the trigger on the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 also and might still one day just to see if what I am seeing is correct but comments about them being large and bulky were bothering me along with the few other things, like the location of the control buttons on the top of the earbud instead of the side...
I actually like the fact that the button is on top instead of on the side so that you don't end up pushing the earbud more and more into your ear canal with every button press. But yes, they are large and stick out of your ears quite a bit.

1. Tried the new Beats Studio Buds, no good had to return. I really liked them but the one on my left ear would lift up and come loose/fall out over time.

2. Tried Jabra Elite 75, LOVED them, GREAT APP to control it, same deal, working in the yard, fast walking with the dog, left earbud would lift up and come loose, returned yesterday. Also bought the Jabra Active Elite 75 since I liked the Elite 75 so much, hoping for a better outcome, no good, left ear again, would lift up and then come loose, due to return this week. (trust me, I tried for roughly 10 days to make the Jabras work, they are not going too for me)

3. On order and arriving this week is Beats Power Pro's, Bose Sport Buds and JBL Reflect Mini NC all of which have additional ear support to prevent coming loose,
I have my hopes up for the JBL Reflect Mini NC as it has a good app to control them and decent battery life. Next choice would be for the Beats Power Pro (no app) and Third would be the Bose Sport Buds, nothing against Bose except the battery life and their privacy statement. (I have to make sure I opt out which I understand you can do)
I have JBL free wireless earbuds and they're going on 2 years old now. They fit perfectly and never fall out, sound is not terrible (not good compared to my Grado sr60 or Sony MDR-7506 but not bad for what they are. I want to get another pair though as I've been using them all day long lately while working and they only last a few hours before needing a charge up. The charging case will top them up pretty fast but I see some claim 8 hours or more.
When the battery goes dead I switch to my old corded Sony earbuds and USB-c adaptor (thanks apple for killing the headphone jack off). Somehow the Sony's are still working despite the cord getting yanked and ripping them out of my ears multiple times while working (construction). I would never be using Bluetooth if it wasn't for the issues with the cords during work.

I have JBL free wireless earbuds and they're going on 2 years old now. They fit perfectly and never fall out, sound is not terrible (not good compared to my Grado sr60 or Sony MDR-7506 but not bad for what they are. I want to get another pair though as I've been using them all day long lately while working and they only last a few hours before needing a charge up. The charging case will top them up pretty fast but I see some claim 8 hours or more.
When the battery goes dead I switch to my old corded Sony earbuds and USB-c adaptor (thanks apple for killing the headphone jack off). Somehow the Sony's are still working despite the cord getting yanked and ripping them out of my ears multiple times while working (construction). I would never be using Bluetooth if it wasn't for the issues with the cords during work.
Well, one thing for sure, earbuds will never compare to wired headphones and certainly not Grado's !
Bluetooth is "just good enough" sound quality which can sound very good but not nearly (technically) as wired.

Well, one thing for sure, earbuds will never compare to wired headphones and certainly not Grado's !
Bluetooth is "just good enough" sound quality which can sound very good but not nearly (technically) as wired.
I read the first page and a half of the thread, but don't have time to read all. My budget for another set is under $200, are there any you have experience with in that price range? I don't mind if they are wired just to each other as I don't think that will get in my way.

I actually like the fact that the button is on top instead of on the side so that you don't end up pushing the earbud more and more into your ear canal with every button press. But yes, they are large and stick out of your ears quite a bit.
Good to know, I was concerned about how large they are, its what held me back on the Soundcore although I most likely would try them if it wasnt for I think I am FINALLY at a decision, sort of, but if I try one more it will be the SC Pro 2.

Buttons, much like the "touch" controls are really how they are designed and implemented. Some buttons are "just right" just enough feedback to know you are clicking without pushing them into your ear. Jabra 75t (both models) do this perfectly.
Next would be Powerbeats which are still pretty good but not great. The Jaybird Vista 2 SE are a bit on the rough side, little too much force required and I certainly can agree with you regarding them pushing into the ear.

As far as touch controls the Bose Sport are defiantly not up to standard considering the price but I do prefer them mostly over push buttons. JBL at a lower price has the touch controls nailed perfectly and way preferred them over the buttons.

I think things are coming to being final conclusion, F-I-N-A-L-L-Y
Even though I have a new set of Bose coming next week. I just looked at a spectrum analysis of the Jaybird Vista 2 and bumped up two frequencies in the mid and low high where there is a dip compared to Apples AirPods Pro which they were being compared against. This isnt saying the Airpods Pros are superior, both ranked very close, I jsut prefer the sound signature more, just a little more presence now, perfect. Wife likes it too and now wants a set of Jaybirds.
Anyway, taking into account fit, features, sound, battery life, construction its looking like the Jaybird Vista 2 SE will be my other earbud along with the PowerBeats Pro.
We will see!

I read the first page and a half of the thread, but don't have time to read all. My budget for another set is under $200, are there any you have experience with in that price range? I don't mind if they are wired just to each other as I don't think that will get in my way.
Yes, I have to run right now, but so far in the last month I have purchased Apple Studio Earbuds, Apple PowerBeats Pro, Jabra Elite 75t, Jabra Active Elite 75t, JBL Reflex Mini NC, Bose Sport Ear Buds and Jaybird Vista 2 SE. They are less then $200 and in same cases way less if you watch for the sales at this time of year.
All of these are pretty good, fit is different for everyone.
If you want something that will stay planted in your ear no matter what PowerBeats Pro, Bose Sport Buds, JBL Reflex Mini NC and the Jaybird Vista 2 se.
Then the other side is, what is most important to you?
Sound? Staying in your ear power? Noise reduction?

Get back to me and I ll give you my thoughts, but mostly like wont be back here till tomorrow.

Yes, I have to run right now, but so far in the last month I have purchased Apple Studio Earbuds, Apple PowerBeats Pro, Jabra Elite 75t, Jabra Active Elite 75t, JBL Reflex Mini NC, Bose Sport Ear Buds and Jaybird Vista 2 SE. They are less then $200 and in same cases way less if you watch for the sales at this time of year.
All of these are pretty good, fit is different for everyone.
If you want something that will stay planted in your ear no matter what PowerBeats Pro, Bose Sport Buds, JBL Reflex Mini NC and the Jaybird Vista 2 se.
Then the other side is, what is most important to you?
Sound? Staying in your ear power? Noise reduction?

Get back to me and I ll give you my thoughts, but mostly like wont be back here till tomorrow.
I only use them while working or mowing the lawn...either one of those is usually a noisy environment so the sound quality definitely doesn't have to be as good as the wired headphones that I'll use at home....but I've heard lots of earphones that weren't up to my minimum standards even in noisy environments.
Staying in my ears is important, I got some free lg tone Bluetooth earbuds and they wouldn't stay in my ears and sounded terrible, plus the battery lasted half an hour. Thanks Koodo mobile for the free e waste!
I've never tried noise cancellation but it sounds like it would be nice on the lawn tractor but I'm not sure I want to pay the extra for it. As you know you usually get better sound for the same price if you don't need certain features.
I guess a good compromise between everything and in my price range noise cancellation is probably out.

I only use them while working or mowing the lawn...either one of those is usually a noisy environment so the sound quality definitely doesn't have to be as good as the wired headphones that I'll use at home....but I've heard lots of earphones that weren't up to my minimum standards even in noisy environments.
Staying in my ears is important, I got some free lg tone Bluetooth earbuds and they wouldn't stay in my ears and sounded terrible, plus the battery lasted half an hour. Thanks Koodo mobile for the free e waste!
I've never tried noise cancellation but it sounds like it would be nice on the lawn tractor but I'm not sure I want to pay the extra for it. As you know you usually get better sound for the same price if you don't need certain features.
I guess a good compromise between everything and in my price range noise cancellation is probably out.
So pretty much you are looking for exactly what I wanted out of an earbud.
All of the ones I have mentioned I managed to pay less then $150 for.
Here is the cool thing, no matter what I say, with earbuds you can try out as many as you like, most give you 30 days to 90 days to return if you dont like them. Careful with Best Buy, if your not en elite member its only 15 days though with the Holidays now it maybe extended. Amazon now gives you to the end of Jan this time of year. Target is 30 days and they have some good sales at times.

Ok there are two styles, the first two I am going to mention pretty much sit on top of your ear canal and they are out of these world comfortable and surprisingly they are by far the most secure. I ONLY checked out wireless earbuds, I didnt want any wires. These are my favorites and I might keep all three. BY far, if I had to choose just one, it would be #1 the Powerbeats pro as best all around, think no longer, they are awesome in everyday. Just amazing.

1. Beats Powerbeats Pro (owed by Apple) They are amazing, heck, you will forget you are even wearing them, long battery life too, for wireless buds. You will be aware of your surroundings, no noise cancellation, they are sport buds they are not made to cancel out noise, they will NEVER fall off your head as it has an over the ear hook.
You can buy them onsale at Amazon, Best Buy, Apple.com Keep an eye on Amazon, sometimes they put different colors nodal at great prices.
I only paid $125 for mine while at the time Best Buy and Target was selling them for $250. I bought a color that was on sale for $173, then by using my Discover card Amazon asked me if I wanted to use my Discover Cashback and if I did, I would be given another $50 off the purchase price, it was a no brainer.

2. Bose Sport Buds, Awesome sound, Unbelievable comfortable, no noise cancellation and they block out very little outside noise, Powerbeats Pro blocks a little more. Doesnt matter to me, I really like them, no over the ear hook but does have a large, super comfy in ear wing to keep it stable. Battery life before recharging is less the #1 but not bad at 4+ hours. YOU can buy direct from Bose website, in fact you can buy a Bose Refurbished for only $119 comes with a 90 day trial and 1 year warranty too. or buy on sale new for $149.

3. Jaybird Vista 2 SE (SE is Costco exclusive) Vista 2 for everyone else. Bought at Costco for $149 but will cost you on sale $169 at other places Best Buy ect ect. This one I am on the fence about and only had a few days so far but it is R-E-A-L-L-Y growing on me. I wasnt thrilled about the sound, but adjusted it to my liking, ever so slightly with the AWESOME Jaybird phone app.
It fits my ear really well and my wife likes it so much that I will be being one for her on her birthday.
Its full of features such as waterproof, Military specs for durability ect. What I do like about it for a second set is that it inserts a bit more into the ear canal and REALLY seals out noise if noise is a concern. NOT ONLY THAT but it has Noice Cancelation Circuit which you can turn on and off in the app, it also have voce through which allows you to hear outside around you. Keep in mind that on any earbud when you use extra features battery life will be shortened between charges. They will stick in your ear.

That is my official list for now, the three above, pick and choose or get all three and return what you do not like.
Earbuds and headsets in general are very subjective, we are all deficient in some part of the audio spectrum, so they will always sound different to different people. I can tell you #1 and #2 will stay in your ear no matter what. My left ear sometimes gives me a problem with ear buds staying in and those two never do. #3 is the first of that style that I do not THINK will give me an issue, it certainly seems secure, I LOVE the features of #3, really amazing and tiny too. Respected in the jogging magazines ...

Battery life between charging isnt critical because you just pop them in the case and they recharge. But it bothers me a TINY bit that of the three the Bose around 4 to 5 hours is the least but they are amazing how comfy, same with the Powerbeats.
You will notice #3 being in your ear for sure, but it passively seals out noise even without the NC turned on.

BTW ... if your going to try anything, as of today 10/17/21
For fun you could order the Bose Refurbished in any color for $119 free shipping 90 day return policy with free return shipping. I typically do not like refurbished, yet you can try it out and still return it, then buy a new one if it makes one feel better. *LOL*
They are comfortable as hell, the app for the iPhone sucks but you really dont need it except to set up the way you want the touch buttons to work. and again, you can return it, then again you can return any of the others that you buy on Amazon too.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...rbished.html#v=sport_earbuds_fr_glacier_white

BTW ... if your going to try anything, as of today 10/17/21
For fun you could order the Bose Refurbished in any color for $119 free shipping 90 day return policy with free return shipping. I typically do not like refurbished, yet you can try it out and still return it, then buy a new one if it makes one feel better. *LOL*
They are comfortable as hell, the app for the iPhone sucks but you really dont need it except to set up the way you want the touch buttons to work. and again, you can return it, then again you can return any of the others that you buy on Amazon too.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...rbished.html#v=sport_earbuds_fr_glacier_white
Well I ordered the Bose. This is what we get to pay as Canadians but I'm actually surprised that I still got the same deal after being redirected to their Canadian website. Ordering with PayPal was painless. Hopefully I like them. Thanks again 👍
Was looking at another one you mentioned on Amazon for a good price then noticed it was refurbished. I feel better about refurbished by Bose then by some random third party seller.
Also with the 4 hour battery life I'll just keep the JBL buds ready as backup. 4 hours each should get me through a day as I switch to the truck stereo while driving between jobs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-125455.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-125455.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
Back