New Truck-Any suggestions for the long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the same truck only 4x4 instead. At 2k miles I dumped the ff and replaced with m1 0w20ep and a acdelcp pf63 filter. I have 6k on the truck now and it's been flawless. Made one trip from southeast louisiana to south indiana, on the return trip I ran the truck at the 98mph speed limiter for a good 200miles or so and then 85 the rest of the way. Mpg on that trip was about 17.8. My truck actually came from Houston as apart of a dealer trade

Well your old truck made it 14 years and seemed to be going strong since you mentioned keeping it 3-4 more years. So pretty much what you were doing with the old one.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Tuning voids your warranty. Yes they will find out. They actually look for aftermarket tuners before servicing the vehicle.
Bad idea.

Done

+1 A real bad idea.

Follow the service schedule and OLM, M1 0w-20 is a great choice, if you wanted to up the quality smidgen, go with the M1 EP 0w-20 for a slightly better base stock (though group III and group IV oils are nearly level these days).

Also use Top Tier gasoline, just like using quality oil there will be no need to run fuel additives if you use top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back