New Toyota Oil Filter Media

I heard Toyota switched to a different type of media on their oil filters. Copy of the bulletin is attached.

I opened a new box I just received…and sure enough, the media is now a reddish brown color.

IMG_4332.jpeg

IMG_4333.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 255
Looks a lot better than the Toyota filter that’s in my car right now...pleats were all unevenly spaced and the glue at the top looked lopsided, I thought to myself...should I even put this thing in there? And I did. I made note that I’d never buy another Toyota filter again. But the new version looks pretty good!

We have had the orange ones for months now. They feel a lot less quality in my opinion. Also I’ve noticed when you change the used ones they are easier to squish than the yellow ones were. I hate they changed them.
Feel doesn’t tell us anything. Until we find out if they are same quality I’m not judging them. Toyota must stand behind their products eh? 🤔🤔

Looks a lot better than the Toyota filter that’s in my car right now...pleats were all unevenly spaced and the glue at the top looked lopsided, I thought to myself...should I even put this thing in there? And I did. I made note that I’d never buy another Toyota filter again. But the new version looks pretty good!
I have never seen this before - sure you didn’t get a fake?

We have had the orange ones for months now. They feel a lot less quality in my opinion. Also I’ve noticed when you change the used ones they are easier to squish than the yellow ones were. I hate they changed them.
I do find it interesting that only the cartridges received the change.

The only spin on one I have seen with the orange inside so far is the ones for the new Tundra the 10010 spin on and we had a batch of YZZD3 that also had them but that was one batch haven’t seen another one since.

That’s the first thing I thought of, that I bought a fake, but I bought it at Walmart, not online or eBay/Amazon/whatever. Not sure if that means it’s not a fake, but the fit and finish on this thing was HORRENDOUS.

Ive been using the Fram Ultra of late but figured I’d go with the Toyota again, because they’re usually good enough. I may try the newer Fram (whatever it’s called), and try Amsoil Signature Series for a pretty long drain. I have only done 3 10,000 mile intervals on my car (usually 5,000) in the 123,000 miles of ownership. I just want to try a boutique oil and experiment.

That’s the first thing I thought of, that I bought a fake, but I bought it at Walmart, not online or eBay/Amazon/whatever. Not sure if that means it’s not a fake, but the fit and finish on this thing was HORRENDOUS.

Ive been using the Fram Ultra of late but figured I’d go with the Toyota again, because they’re usually good enough. I may try the newer Fram (whatever it’s called), and try Amsoil Signature Series for a pretty long drain. I have only done 3 10,000 mile intervals on my car (usually 5,000) in the 123,000 miles of ownership. I just want to try a boutique oil and experiment.
A cheap Bosch Premium from Rockauto will give you 99% at 20 microns!

I have never seen a Toyota oil filter that looks how you describe.

Here's a video comparing a an OEM Toyota oil filter to a counterfeit. The counterfeit does squish much more easily.

Toyota moved production to Thailand and cheapened the product from what I could see and Denso changed their filter line up completely by changing to china and the media very disappointing compared to what they were

Back