New Toro 20092

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a new Toro 20092 Super Recycler today. Love this mower. My older Lawn Boy had a broken crankshaft and was not worth fixing. I got my use out of it since I bought it new in 1966.

Toro2.jpg

Toro1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Congrats!

But I thought you said you weren't interested in Toro? What made you change your mind?

After much research and advise from someone I respect on this site, plus the price I bought it for, it seemed like the right thing to do. Put it through a workout this evening and it worked great.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Ya gonna wax it before you use it?
grin2.gif

It's a lawn mower, not a Corvette.
smile.gif

So, before AND after then?
smile.gif

I have a very similar model 20053 (not self propelled) which I purchased in 2005. It's been a great mower. You'll enjoy yours. I wish mine had the washout port like yours does.

I'm glad you have yours and I have one just like it.

Mine is going on its 3rd season. I'm running Rotella T6 5w40 in it. Seems to like it just fine.

I think I have done 6 drain and fills on it. The first 3 were after mowing the lawn 5x. The rest were after 1/2 the 2nd season and at the beginning of the 3rd season.

I let it run about 10 minutes at idle to warm it up for an oil change and I am still getting silver paint out of it. Seems to still be breaking in. Does not burn oil, has lots of power, and I have to ask my wife to use it on weekends as she now gets a kick using it to mow with.

It is a wonderful machine.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Johnny - it looks like replacement crankshafts are running about $20-$50 on ebay... maybe you could get one to replace the old one. It would be a couple extra dollars for the seals, but that's not bad. Have you considered it? Hopefully it didn't go out with the trash.

Also, congrats on the new mower - looks like a fine machine.

Nice Purchase. I bought the same unit last spring, and I have ZERO regrets. I've never owned a mower that mulches as well as this one, and the personal pace works well once you get used to it.

Listening to the neighbors mowers seriously bogging down in the thick spring grass recently puts a smile on my face as this machine has no problems!

I've been using Pennzoil SAE30 HD in mine, and its a Briggs, so it isn't terribly fussy about the oil...
smile.gif

Enjoy! I know I enjoy mine!

Originally Posted By: barlowc
I wish mine had the washout port like yours does.
They sell them at sears. Shouldn't be too hard to drill and install.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
I've been using Pennzoil SAE30 HD in mine

+1

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
They sell them at sears. Shouldn't be too hard to drill and install.

Hmm, I may have to look into that this coming weekend. It should would make keeping the underside of the mower clean a lot easier. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
I'm glad you have yours and I have one just like it.

Mine is going on its 3rd season. I'm running Rotella T6 5w40 in it. Seems to like it just fine.

If I still lived in Texas, the T6 5W-40 would be my choice also.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Johnny - it looks like replacement crankshafts are running about $20-$50 on ebay... maybe you could get one to replace the old one. It would be a couple extra dollars for the seals, but that's not bad. Have you considered it? Hopefully it didn't go out with the trash.

I know the Lawn Boy gods will punish me, but it is gone. I gave it to the guy that refurbished my 1973 John Deere (McLane) edger.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher

I've been using Pennzoil SAE30 HD in mine, and its a Briggs, so it isn't terribly fussy about the oil...
smile.gif

My Pennzoil SAE 30HD is setting on the shelf waiting for installation.

Is that a flat-head Briggs on one of Toro's top-line mowers? Not judging either way, but I assumed they'd have one of Briggs' OHV engines on it.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Is that a flat-head Briggs on one of Toro's top-line mowers? Not judging either way, but I assumed they'd have one of Briggs' OHV engines on it.

Yes sir, that is a flat head Briggs. For more money you can get the OHV Kohler engine. You can also get the Honda engine on the Super Bagger model.

I don't know if the 20092 washout port is any different, but on mine (20333) it doesn't work all that well. Wet grass gets deposited all over under the deck and the water spray only gets some of it out. The rest you need to clean by hand or put the mower on its side and spray directly with high pressure. Otherwise, if you store the mower without doing it, you'll stink up your garage in no time.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I don't know if the 20092 washout port is any different, but on mine (20333) it doesn't work all that well. Wet grass gets deposited all over under the deck and the water spray only gets some of it out. The rest you need to clean by hand or put the mower on its side and spray directly with high pressure. Otherwise, if you store the mower without doing it, you'll stink up your garage in no time.

Mine says to do it within 30 minutes after mowing. I did mine last night, hooked up the hose, turned on the water, started the mower and let it run for about two minutes. Clean as a whistle.

I have the 2033 or 2034 I forget. It has the key start (in case wife needs to mow for what ever reason) Personal pace is terrific! So far, So good! Congrats Johnny, I think you will be happy with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back