New tool thread

Too funny. I just ordered one, came here to post about the thing.

Since I'm 20V centric and although I love my 80V Greenworks chainsaw - that pupper is heavy on a ladder, plus with tight branches....cool.

Now I really can't wait!
You have to be careful.... It cuts very well and you can create hours worth of work picking up and hauling in 15 minutes of cutting lol. Balance could be a little better, I used a 5ah battery and wasn't to bad. You'll want to use a bigger battery to help balance it.

You have to be careful.... It cuts very well and you can create hours worth of work picking up and hauling in 15 minutes of cutting lol. Balance could be a little better, I used a 5ah battery and wasn't to bad. You'll want to use a bigger battery to help balance it.
Some of the reviews mentioned that, otherwise great reviews.

I also have a "manual" pole saw. It's work and it works, but it's terribly hard to get a nice undercut and can end up injuring the tree.

I have the same dewalt pole saw, cut lots and lots of limbs and it asks for more, still on the original chain but have a spare. It ran surprisingly long on a puny 2ah battery, but your arms will get tired before a 5ah runs out.

Got a knock-off boot for my 2854. Was under $13 on ebay. Actual Milwaukee boots are about $40.

Some reviews said it seems identical to genuine except for the lack of Milwaukee logos, and I would tend to agree. I thought fit might be poor but it's great. Rubber is soft and pliable.

I'm not necessarily excited about supporting knock-offs, but I feel no guilt here because Milwaukee's prices on any of their boots have always been exorbitant.
20240402_102019.jpg

I bought a dewalt 20v pole saw. I wish I would have bought one years ago. Will replace a chainsaw for 90% of my stuff. One of those tool where you look back and regret not spending the money before.
I just looked at one today at the local hardware store. They had it on sale for $199 with a battery. I will probably pick it up before the sale ends.

Super inexpensive valve stem installer from China. I like the concept and theoretical fulcrum, but suspect the plastic handle or tiny pivot pin will fail.

And ZK Tool 3.6 timing set tool. Sans their fancy case makes it ~$10 cheaper (didn't want the case anyway)
20240403_162600.jpg

I was asked to post the tail stock I came up with so here it is.
I used brass 3/8 coarse threaded rod and 2 quarter inch air tool plugs, cut down and threaded. Also I threaded the tail stock aluminum section to accommodate the quarter inch pipe thread of the air tool plugs.
Used an additional quarter inch air tool plug, for the tail stock part it's sort of a bushing bearing type affair I may come up with a ball bearing later roller bearings.
The kind they the size they use on a Delta 14 inch bandsaw for the guides that should work out nicely.
See photos.

IMG_20240404_010136054.jpg

IMG_20240404_010110301.jpg

IMG_20240404_010115157.jpg

IMG_20240404_010100618.jpg

IMG_20240404_010102008.jpg

IMG_20240404_010043361.jpg

IMG_20240404_010055486.jpg

IMG_20240403_233921954.jpg

IMG_20240404_010037047.jpg

IMG_20240403_233912214.jpg

Good score! I searched my app and saw that my store had it, and also a breaker bar for $6. I dropped my daughter off at dance and then went across the street to Walmart, but now everything is showing full price. :-(
They are full price in my store but show clearance online.

Edit:
Doh! I see that the clearance prices are now gone!! They were still there 60 min ago...

Last edited:
IPS slip joint extended "hyper long" narrow pliers, from amazon.co.jp. They seem like good quality but I'm not familiar with the brand. And I don't speaka the language so i cant read the package.

Machine translation:

Lizard
Hyper Long Flyer

Straight 300 [mm]
Pliers type with 2-stage opening

"For the maintenance of automobiles, agricultural machinery, etc."

Hyper briar with excellent rigidity! Long reach! Strong grip

We provide outstanding ease of use and satisfaction.

This product is manufactured by a famous domestic and international manufacturer for over a century, so you can use it with confidence.

The main body uses JIS standard chrome vanadium steel. Completely non-oxidized and hardened for excellent durability.
Adjustable mouth opening in 2 stages, up to a maximum opening of 25mm.

Features

With a total length of 300mm, it is ideal for working in deep or narrow spaces.

Unlike the radio bench type, the handle has a durable shape that resists twisting and bending and allows for a firm grip.

A wire cutter that can cut wire, nails, etc. (It will not cut soft wire up to 3.2, piano wire, stranded wire, and extremely thin wire.)

With two full notches on the tip and large and small jagged teeth, its uses are greatly expanded.

"handling warning - The teeth on the gripping part are sharp. Be careful when grabbing plated items, plastic, etc. as you may scratch them.

Purpose of usage
-household maintenance
-For various hobbies
-Outdoor/Portable announcement

It's an inexperienced tool. If using a live circuit, turn off the power to the circuit before use. Please do not use it for any purpose other than its original purpose.

“Future-friendly, people-friendly”

Chrome vanadium steel
Hardening Main body/Completely non-oxidizing hardening
Hardness HRC44-55
Surface treatment Nickel chrome plating
Vinyl grip

Machine translation:

Lizard
Hyper Long Flyer

Straight 300 [mm]
Pliers type with 2-stage opening

"For the maintenance of automobiles, agricultural machinery, etc."

Hyper briar with excellent rigidity! Long reach! Strong grip

We provide outstanding ease of use and satisfaction.

This product is manufactured by a famous domestic and international manufacturer for over a century, so you can use it with confidence.

The main body uses JIS standard chrome vanadium steel. Completely non-oxidized and hardened for excellent durability.
Adjustable mouth opening in 2 stages, up to a maximum opening of 25mm.

Features

With a total length of 300mm, it is ideal for working in deep or narrow spaces.

Unlike the radio bench type, the handle has a durable shape that resists twisting and bending and allows for a firm grip.

A wire cutter that can cut wire, nails, etc. (It will not cut soft wire up to 3.2, piano wire, stranded wire, and extremely thin wire.)

With two full notches on the tip and large and small jagged teeth, its uses are greatly expanded.

"handling warning - The teeth on the gripping part are sharp. Be careful when grabbing plated items, plastic, etc. as you may scratch them.

Purpose of usage
-household maintenance
-For various hobbies
-Outdoor/Portable announcement

It's an inexperienced tool. If using a live circuit, turn off the power to the circuit before use. Please do not use it for any purpose other than its original purpose.

“Future-friendly, people-friendly”

Chrome vanadium steel
Hardening Main body/Completely non-oxidizing hardening
Hardness HRC44-55
Surface treatment Nickel chrome plating
Vinyl grip
I love the machine translation! "It's an inexperienced tool." I assume that confirms that it is new, never used???
:LOL:

Last edited:
Back