New to this guy H2.

New to me H2. Always wanted one for a winter beater.
Looking for a tastefully done mild build. Image Hosted by ImageTitan.com
Thinking 4-6” lift and a new wheel package.
new stereo with car play and blacked out chrome. Thoughts or links to parts??
6E123D95-D6AE-40AF-979B-E6BE14132BB4.jpeg

Losing the chrome is a good start. For some reason H2s seem to end up with every chrome bit in the catalog and 22s with low profile tires rolling to the mall. Can't help you with the lift and big tires never been into that look. Does this have the 6.0 or 6.2? These always seemed like a waste of a 2500 drivetrain.

If you haven't already, watch the fast lane truck review of their own h2 long term test vehicle. They seem to think pretty highly of it.

Personally I prefer a half ton or a Yukon/Tahoe but these are a pretty good vehicle, with some useful and unique features. I think that's one of the better looking ones I've seen.

I agree with losing the wheels and chrome....

Stereo (y)

There seems to be a dearth of reasonable looking wheels for trucks, someone does make a military looking wheel which might be fitting...

Looks pretty tall to me already, I personally would leave that alone,,,

What size tires would you run with a 6" lift? I don't know that I'd want a ton of lift and tire on a street driven winter beater, unless you're dealing with snowfall measured in feet. I think the current height and tire size is just right personally. Enough to get through most anything you'll likely encounter outside of really difficult off road trails/mud holes, but not so much it's a chore just to drive regularly. I'd maybe drive it a bit first and see if you really want that much lift and tire. Like 208vette said, beefing up things like the CV axles may be a good idea to really get the most durability out of it.

I actually don't think those wheels are all that bad looking, a little over styled for me, but pretty tame compared to a lot of what's offered now.

Personally, as someone who would generally prefer a Suburban 2500 over an H2, this is one of the better looking H2s I've seen as is. I'd just drive it a while and do modifications as the ideas come to you rather than planning out a "build." You're off to a much better start than my neighbor's burnt pumpkin colored SUT!

New to me H2. Always wanted one for a winter beater.
Looking for a tastefully done mild build. Image Hosted by ImageTitan.com
Thinking 4-6” lift and a new wheel package.
new stereo with car play and blacked out chrome. Thoughts or links to parts??
Really like the wheels and tires … the bling door handles, not so much …
I’d just change simple things and do PM’s … they are unique to start with …

Back