New to me Deere X360

I bought an E110 earlier this year but found it just wasn't what I was looking for. I still had the 185 that I had for last few years and the newer E110. I sold them both 2 weeks ago and found a real nice 2011 X360 with 397 hours for sale locally. After selling the E110 and 185, it was a net zero transaction. It came with chains and the 44" snow blade which will be awesome in the winter. It has the 22hp FS651V kawasaki and K58H transmission, it runs very smooth. The power steering is awesome, never driven one with it before and don't know if I'll be able to go back to a mower without it.

I gave it a test mow, It cut my mow time almost in half from the old 185 w/ 46" deck! Turning radius, power, and hydraulic controls really made a huge difference. Plus it is so much more comfortable to ride.

Just bought all the filters and fluids to change everything out. It has had annual oil changes and the transmission fluid changed every 100 hours from the previous owner. The previous owner used all Deere fluids. For the price, I just plan to stick with Turfgard 10w-30 and Hygard low vis for the transmission. Will stick with the Deere 125424 oil filter this year and look at switching next spring.
x360 (2).jpeg

Congratulations! If you keep up with the maintenance, the odds are very good you’ll never have to buy another mower! (y)

Congratulations! If you keep up with the maintenance, the odds are very good you’ll never have to buy another mower! (y)
I'm hoping so! This engine and transmission is much better than the single cylinder briggs and TL200 in the E110. Can't complain about the single cylinder Kawasaki and sundstrand hydro - it is 30 years old and still going.

Awesome! Which model did you order?

It's a S240. My yard is not very large (less than 1/2 acre) so it's only 42", but the S240 got me the Kawasaki engine and the next level transmission. K46 I think? It also has their new "Accel Deck", I'm not sure what that is exactly but the salesman was pretty excited about it.

All I've ever had is Craftsmans so I'm excited about this one, should be here about the 26th.

It's a S240. My yard is not very large (less than 1/2 acre) so it's only 42", but the S240 got me the Kawasaki engine and the next level transmission. K46 I think? It also has their new "Accel Deck", I'm not sure what that is exactly but the salesman was pretty excited about it.

All I've ever had is Craftsmans so I'm excited about this one, should be here about the 26th.
The S240 is a great compromise between the 100 and 300 series. As you mentioned, you get the 300 series Kawasaki engine and K46 hydro in the 100 series body. Plus the 240 has the upgraded seat compared to the 100 series. The accel deck is a heavier gauged deck (10 vs 13 i think, idr exactly) compared to the cheaper previous edge decks.

Back