New to me Chrysler 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 300 also looks to me like a chopped and channeled '49 Dodge
grin2.gif

Thanks for all the kind words guys. This spring she's getting what rust is there off and undercoated. I plan on driving this until the poor car is so rotted it won't pass inspection. It's the best driving and handling car I've driven. My God, it DOES have the stones to back it up. It's not the fastest car I've owned but for it's size it's very admirable. I couldn't imagine driving it with the 2.7L though.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
The 3.5 is still spec'd for 10w30?? Is that motor hard on oil?

That's the only reason I can come up with. In the age where most of Chrysler's stuff had moved to 5W-20 or 5W-30, the 3.5L was about the only one left on 10W-30.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. This spring she's getting what rust is there off and undercoated. I plan on driving this until the poor car is so rotted it won't pass inspection. It's the best driving and handling car I've driven. My God, it DOES have the stones to back it up. It's not the fastest car I've owned but for it's size it's very admirable. I couldn't imagine driving it with the 2.7L though.

i think SteveSRT8 hit a 17" pothole with 4 big guys and luggages inside and no damage to suspension or wheel.....
and congrats on the purchase. nice, classic and (again) nice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pandus13

i think SteveSRT8 hit a 17" pothole with 4 big guys and luggages inside and no damage to suspension or wheel.....
and congrats on the purchase. nice, classic and (again) nice.

Indeed I did. Hit a HUGE pothole with FIVE folks on board and a trunk full of luggage coming around TIA during heavy construction. Even with 20 inch wheels not so much as a ding. The car is still one of the most solid cars I have ever owned even after 100k plus miles.

Just a note: if you ever do the tie rod ends or any other front end parts order the SRT8 part number. SRT8's have none of the front end issues so many report on these cars.

Wow, that's awesome. I've never heard about the front end issues but I'll remember to get the SRT parts. These cars are amazing. I did run into on problem. There's a bit of standing water under the battery. I've read that the trunk weather striping fails. I'll have to check it today since its bright and sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back