New to me Chrysler 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a used 300 yesterday. Loaded with leather, nav, auto headlights,Hemi, you get the idea. 4 new tires and brakes done. Paid $9500. Man, these are nice cars. Leaps and bounds over the old Crown Vic we had. Wish I would have bought one over the Avenger. Last on board computer shows 25.4 mpg, I'll hand calculate when I can run a tank through.

received_10207545793778739.jpeg

How many miles on it?? How does the under body look in regards to rust??

I agree with you in that these are nice looking cars though
smile.gif

Very luxurious cars. Had a chance to drive a rental once and it spoiled me.

Handles like a boat, but rides like its on air.

Always thought those would do well with a 1960s makeover..as in 60s Imperial style grille and longer rear quarters with vertical taillights.Had they attempted to recreate the "Black Beauty" Imperial,wouldnt have been a bad thing.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Great purchase
thumbsup2.gif
We love our LX cars, they are fantastic.

Are you talking about your charger(s) then? I rented a '14 the other day. Felt like driving down the highway with a cardboard box over my head with two small peepholes to see through. Awful visibility.

Liked the auto locks and auto lights tho. Great acceleration but poor MPG even in the 3.6. JMO.

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Great purchase
thumbsup2.gif

Are you talking about your charger(s) then? I rented a '14 the other day. Felt like driving down the highway with a cardboard box over my head with two small peepholes to see through. Awful visibility.

Liked the auto locks and auto lights tho. Great acceleration but poor MPG even in the 3.6. JMO.

Yes, the Charger, Challenger, Magnum and 300 are all LX cars.

If you felt the visibility on a '14 was bad you definitely wouldn't want to drive an earlier car, which had an ever higher belt line (like our '06). My '14 feels wide open compared the '06, though I've gotten used to the '06. It does however, feel "fatter", and MUCH fatter than the BMW it replaced, though it is also faster.

I've got no complaints about the gas mileage in the V8's, with the 6.4L getting surprisingly good mileage, though of course I didn't buy it because it was going to be good on gas. I have had two V6's as loaners and the V8 cars are generally much nicer as they are usually higher trim levels and subsequently they ride differently as well.

If you found the Charger bad for visibility, have you tried the Camaro?
wink.gif

I find BMW has the nicest greenhouses but I've become quite comfortable with these ones even though they definitely aren't as open. The '14 feels like a really big car. The doors are huge (thick) and the hood has the air extractor bump in it, which means you can see it from the drivers seat making the front-end feel that much larger. The '06 has thinner doors (but the short windows) and a sharper slope to the hood with no bump so subsequently it feels smaller.

Nice car. Treat the surface rust you mentioned in the spring and then rust proof it. Drive it in good health.

Great purchase
thumbsup2.gif

If you felt the visibility on a '14 was bad you definitely wouldn't want to drive an earlier car, which had an ever higher belt line (like our '06). My '14 feels wide open compared the '06, though I've gotten used to the '06. It does however, feel "fatter", and MUCH fatter than the BMW it replaced, though it is also faster.

I've got no complaints about the gas mileage in the V8's, with the 6.4L getting surprisingly good mileage, though of course I didn't buy it because it was going to be good on gas. I have had two V6's as loaners and the V8 cars are generally much nicer as they are usually higher trim levels and subsequently they ride differently as well.

wink.gif

I find BMW has the nicest greenhouses but I've become quite comfortable with these ones even though they definitely aren't as open. The '14 feels like a really big car. The doors are huge (thick) and the hood has the air extractor bump in it, which means you can see it from the drivers seat making the front-end feel that much larger. The '06 has thinner doors (but the short windows) and a sharper slope to the hood with no bump so subsequently it feels smaller.

Loved the ride and handling and brakes but just didn't like the lack of visibility. I'm sure the Camaro is far worse. Nice stereo too. Chrysler has always had good radios going back to the 80s even. MPG was about the same as my 5.6L Nissan Titan 2WD pickup which surprised me since the Dodge motor was 2.0 liters smaller.

Had 2006 with the 3.5.
loved the ride, excellent highway cruiser.
Could have did without the endless front end issues.
Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
In the picture, what's all that white stuff all over the ground?

Nose candy.

Semi: Great purchase. I know a lot of people who have bought those, and nobody regrets it. They're so nice to drive, and have the stones to back it all up.

Great purchase
thumbsup2.gif

wink.gif

Loved the ride and handling and brakes but just didn't like the lack of visibility. I'm sure the Camaro is far worse. Nice stereo too. Chrysler has always had good radios going back to the 80s even. MPG was about the same as my 5.6L Nissan Titan 2WD pickup which surprised me since the Dodge motor was 2.0 liters smaller.

Camaro is like sitting at the back of a cardboard box with holes in it.

Perfect car for people who portray Disney characters, sports mascots, or other characters where a huge foam head is used and life is lived looking through discreet eye holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back