New to me 2007 F-350

I have liked the 05-07 Super Duty trucks since they were new. I have been looking far and wide for a really good one for years now. I bought my 2003 Silverado 2500 because it was such a good deal, and I am still up in the air if I will keep it or not. A couple weeks ago this truck was traded into my work. I checked it out with our diesel tech and it checked off almost every box I could want for a truck.

Its a 2007 F-350 crew cab, 8'bed, dually with a 6.0L diesel. I know people thing the 6.0L has issues, and honestly, it does. But there are plenty of parts available to fix all of the shortcomings, and obviously I work in the ideal place for it. I loved the Dark Shadow Grey over Black exterior. The light grey interior is meh color wise, but it looks brand new. There is a bit of rust on the front part of the frame, but nothing terrible. The fact that it has 82K miles on it absolutely sealed the deal. I have some plans for it, will do the ARP headstuds with a BulletProof EGR and oil cooler. I'm not deleting the EGR as diesel trucks are smogged here. I have a list of other things to do.

IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg
IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2196(1).jpg
IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg

Very nice. 2007 Super Dutys are somewhat rare. They are actually 2006s and were labeled 2007 so Ford had something to sell while the factories were being retooled for the 2008 update.

BTW- I own your truck's little brother. A 2007 F350 regular cab 5.4l RWD. The color is sweet.

PXL_20220116_164612683(1).jpg

Nice! I like these too, and that one is super clean. My cousin had an '06 F-250 6.0/Torqshift that I drove a good bit, and I remember thinking it was really smooth and quiet for a diesel truck at the time (around 08-09). Definitely different from the 7.3 manual I had driven before. Super Duties are great trucks, I don't care what anyone says.

Nice!

Was the 6.0 a big improvement over the 7.3?
no was much more modern design with flaws and issues that made it not the bulletproof reliable engine the 7.3 was.

but having 15 years to figure out the issues... they are fixable now.

I think I'd rather have the 6.0 vs the 6.4.
IIRC: For the 6.0 one of the most important issues is that
the oil cooler is prone to plugging on the coolant side and making a minor disaster

Last edited:
Nice looking truck! In case you're not already aware, that generation is a huge target for theft, at least in my neck of the woods. If it's not already on your list, I would recommend adding an effective anti-theft measure or two.

I have liked the 05-07 Super Duty trucks since they were new. I have been looking far and wide for a really good one for years now. I bought my 2003 Silverado 2500 because it was such a good deal, and I am still up in the air if I will keep it or not. A couple weeks ago this truck was traded into my work. I checked it out with our diesel tech and it checked off almost every box I could want for a truck.

Its a 2007 F-350 crew cab, 8'bed, dually with a 6.0L diesel. I know people thing the 6.0L has issues, and honestly, it does. But there are plenty of parts available to fix all of the shortcomings, and obviously I work in the ideal place for it. I loved the Dark Shadow Grey over Black exterior. The light grey interior is meh color wise, but it looks brand new. There is a bit of rust on the front part of the frame, but nothing terrible. The fact that it has 82K miles on it absolutely sealed the deal. I have some plans for it, will do the ARP headstuds with a BulletProof EGR and oil cooler. I'm not deleting the EGR as diesel trucks are smogged here. I have a list of other things to do.

View attachment 89180View attachment 89173View attachment 89174View attachment 89175View attachment 89176View attachment 89177View attachment 89172View attachment 89178View attachment 89179
From what I recall with my buddy's '05, you could unplug the EGR position sensor and it would disable EGR but not set a code or trigger a CEL. When he did his EGR delete (he used a brand new international cooler and welded the ends shut so it looked factory) he just "tweaked" the connector so it looked functional, along with the EGR cooler being in place, and it passed emissions and had no codes.

He went through 3x EGR coolers on that thing before saying screw it and doing the above. Truck had a tuner on it though. Also had the updated IDM programming that got rid of the quiet idle, and put new injectors in it too.

Branch tube adapter was another fun one for him, the updated part uses AN fittings I guess? Big improvement. And yes, they are prone to the oil cooler getting plugged when the coolant breaks down. He removed the G-05 and ran the HD truck coolant (he worked at an International dealership at the time).

no was much more modern design with flaws and issues that made it not the bulletproof reliable engine the 7.3 was.

but having 15 years to figure out the issues... they are fixable now.

I think I'd rather have the 6.0 vs the 6.4.
IIRC: For the 6.0 one of the most important issues is that
the oil cooler is prone to plugging on the coolant side and making a minor disaster
I'm planning on getting the BulletProof H core EGR cooler and their oil cooler that has a large cooler up front with a spin on filter along with an Amsoil by-pass filter. Also planning on switching to the Cat coolant along with a coolant filter. Right now I am just enjoying it. Took it for a bit of a drive after dinner and it absolutely boogied from a stoplight. It needs shocks, they aren't factory, but the ones on there aren't doing much. Same with the steering damper. Will probably go Bilstein since I don't want to do the job twice.

Nice!

Was the 6.0 a big improvement over the 7.3?
The answer to that depends on who you talk to. I think it is an improvement, but there were issues that by now have solutions. The big elephant in the room with 7.3L trucks is the newest one is 19 years old and the engine might be great but everything else is falling apart around it.

Funny thing when I went to buy the truck, I did what any dealer employee should do and went straight to the GM. He said he had more techs asking him about this truck, than any other truck he has sold. But I was the only one who actually put the effort into making him run numbers.

Back