New Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace the OEM Continentals on my 2004 Altima. There is not much selection in the P205/65R16 size that comes on the Altima. Locally I can get BF Goodrich Traction TA's that have good performance numbers on Tire Rack. I can also get Cooper Lifeliner SLE's in the OEM size. The Continentals that came on the car are not very good in the rain or snow and I have heard the same about the OEM Bridgestones so I am not interested in either of those two tires. I can't find much info on the Coopers. Which do you think would be the better choice? Also can I use P215/60R16 which has a larger selection of tires? Thanks in advance.

i like bridgestone re750. It all depends on what you want to spend. the more you spend the better you get. I never heard of cooper, so i cant vouch for them, I have to say, they probably arent good tires. I go through tires annually, I'm a big fan of buying good tires and not settling for crap. buying tires is kind of tough. If you want good tire life, a lot of times you have to sacrafice tire quality. If you want cheap tires, you will sacrifice good tire quality. the tire rating on tirerack really help

I would go with the Goodriches. Coopers are reasonably good tires, particularly their light truck tires. However, they seem to have a lot of recalls over the last year or two.

I assume you realize that BF Goodrich is a Michelin product? I have them on my vintage Infiniti Q45

Next time you are in the center of Walden, salute President McKinley for me.

I am at work now but on the way home tomorrow morning I will be sure to salute the President when I pass him.
patriot.gif

Yes, I've heard that Michelin owns BF Goodrich. Is that ownership making its way down to the design and build of the tires? If so that can only make them better tires. Sears has Michelin Hydroedge and Goodyear Assurance Comforttread tires in the P205/65R16 size but they are almost $50 more per tire than the Goodrich tires. The Bridgestone re750 isn't available in my size as are a lot of tires. That is why I am considering the P215/60R16 size if I can use them.

You can use the 215/60/16 in place of the 205/65/16 as long as the load rating is the same. This is refered to as 0+ sizing. Discount Tire.com has a basic tire size calculator you can use to check the speedometer error (it will be VERY slight). As long as you're within 3% or so of the original diameter, you're good.

My buddy is on his second set of Coopers on his car. The first set he got lasted over 75k miles.

Try 215/60 or 225/55's.

I have seen many good reviews here and at another forum that GY Triple Treads are good passenger tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back