New tires - went with the venerable Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
We'll see if these live up to the hype. I live in the mid-Atlantic so we don't use winter tires here (I've never even seen one) and I drive hard/do some HPDEs etc. so a UHP AS works well for a year-around tire. Would love to try summers but I'm not dicking with a second set of wheels at this point. Came off of Continental Control Contact Sport SRS which were basically Discoun Tire's version of the DWS06, another popular UHP AS tire. They worked fantastic and were at 4-5/32" for 33K miles and decided to not push it plus Nov HPDE so they wouldn't have passed tech anyway. I run 235/40/18s on 18x8.5 et 45 wheels. Excited to try these! Next up....BBK.

20210921_182634.jpg
20210921_183255.jpg
20210921_183016.jpg

Your vehicle and those wheels look great!

I currently have the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my Fusion. They're almost done, so I'll be in the market soon for new tires. I'm torn between the DWS06+ or the Pilot Sport All Season 4.

I am cross shopping these as we speak with the Pilot Sport 4S that are on our GS350 F Sport.
I really don't need All Season rubber in Silicon Valley; I also don't push the car hard enough for the Summer tires.

I am actually leaning towards the A/S Michelins... But I have some time.
Please keep us posted with your findings.

That's a nice-looking Wagen.

Digging the tire/wheel setup as well, nicely done.
Thank you. This thing rips. I have a larger turbo swapped in with software etc. AWD + DSg = lots of hurt feelings at stop lights.

I currently have the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my Fusion. They're almost done, so I'll be in the market soon for new tires. I'm torn between the DWS06+ or the Pilot Sport All Season 4.
Those were the 2 I considered, had Conti's before so like to switch it up and these are always rated so highly by Tire Rack and are the AS choice stock for the C8 Vette.

Where did you get them? I'm considering them for my next set. I usually like to get them at Costco for their 5 year road hazard warranty, plus the free balancing/rotation. That's how I usually find out if the rims are bent/cracked....

Where did you get them? I'm considering them for my next set. I usually like to get them at Costco for their 5 year road hazard warranty, plus the free balancing/rotation. That's how I usually find out if the rims are bent/cracked....
I like Costco, but when I spring for a new set of rubber I like to get an alignment as well. I buy from Wheel Works, which is now a Firestone company, in Northern CA. They will match prices, but overall Costco will be cheaper. But they don't align.

Just checked Costco online. They now have the AS Pilot listed, and have $150 off a set of 4 tires.
Right now they are out of my car's front tire size... But they do have the larger back size.

Last edited:
Discount Tire. Love that place. Used to always go with Tirerack but DT is my go-to. Funny, the DT I use is nearly in the Costco parking lot. I got them to match Costco's current $150 off promotion.

I like Costco, but when I spring for a new set of rubber I like to get an alignment as well. I buy from Wheel Works, which is now a Firestone company, in Northern CA. They will match prices, but overall Costco will be cheaper. But they don't align.

Just checked Costco online. They now have the AS Pilot listed, and have $150 off a set of 4 tires.
Right now they are out of my car's front tire size... But they do have the larger back size.
They don't have mine in stock either. DT doesn't do alignments - I do like to get that done when I get new tires but my old ones were evenly worn so not messing with it today, maybe in the next few weeks I'll get it checked.

How did your tires hold up for mileage? I just got a set for my Crown Vic

I usually just get a 3 year alignment warranty at Goodyear. I think they're up to $179 now but they run promotions all the time and I think they're doing $60 off if you have the Goodyear credit card. I got one years ago and never really use it aside from when they have these promotions.

Otherwise I used to go to Town Fair Tire which offered free front end alignments, but they didn't offer road hazard or free balancing so I stopped using them. The potholes are so bad around here, I need an alignment at least once or twice a year.

I have the AS4's on the BMW. They are comfortable, handle well in the rain, steering feel is almost the same as my Continental Extreme Sport summers were. My car is RWD and I have dedicated snows, but wanted these over summer tires for those "in between" weather days we seem to be getting more of. I'm interested to see how they do in light snow. I'm pleased with them so far, my only gripe is that they took a few tries to get balanced, which the tire shop told me seems to be common with these tires. They also seemed to have a tad bit more road noise than my previous tires at first, and they have either quieted down or I don't notice anymore.

I hear they sidewalls are softer - but lots of people swear by those...
They are significantly softer. So just take that into consideration. I was looking for similar tires for my E90 and went with Goodyear Exhilerate. Quite happy with them. The A/S4 was not out yet at the time.

Back