New tires needed in ~ 3mos for my Linc TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently checking out replacement tires for my Linc TC,size 225-60-17 Will replace in 2-3 months. Maybe earlier while spring sales are on this month? Need a good tire to maintain the TC ride and comfort.I See the Continental TrueContact is currently rated #1 on tirerack surveys?, followed by General Altimax RT43 at #2 and Firestone Precision Touring, rated at #3 on tirerack.com.

Are the Conti true contacts really that good at ~ 18-20$ more per tire? Car currently has Michelin DEfenders, been good but do feel some bumpyness now at ~ 44m miles on them.

Is there a better choice?, or would anyone reccomend a different tire for keeping the LTC ride quality? Thanks paul

Me and my father are big fans of the TrueContacts we put on the 300.

At $108 for the RT43, there superb value and well liked

But I've been so happy with mine, and TireRack rates them as one of the best all seasons available, I think there worth every penny of the $118 asking price.

These are for 225/60/17's with a 99H rating.

Only 44k on the Defenders?? Aren't they supposed to be a 90k tire? General's Altimax RT43 are highly rated by many here. I will be putting the Continental true contacts on my 2013 Dodge GC sometime soon. The OEM Yokohama Avid S33's are pretty much done at 42k miles..

You might take a look at the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus tire. It gets good reviews and surveys at Tire Rack and is priced about $139 each (700 A A 99H) with a $60 Pirelli rebate right now thru May 4, 2015. Don't know when they might offer a rebate again ?

Been reading lots of good things about it on different car forums. It is on my short list when I replace my Camry factory Bridgestone's. Michelin used to be my top choice- not so much anymore as demonstrated by your own Defender's experience.

are the defenders wore out?

if so you can get prorated.. even buying a different brand.
(at Discount Tire for example)

Originally Posted By: Rand
are the defenders wore out?

if so you can get prorated.. even buying a different brand.
(at Discount Tire for example)
+1

Buy at Discount Tire during the 4th of July sale, it's always good.

For that size tirerack.com's #1 consumer rated tire is the Pirelli Cinturato P7, but I have no experience with that. I would look at the Grand Touring All-Season category, but the TrueContact has a lot of happy customers too. Too bad the newer PureContact is not available in that size.

We have both in our fleet. The P7 on a Mazda3 and Mitsubishi Outlander 2WD and do very well all year long.

The RT43 on my RX300 did very, very well in this past winter and I am liking them more & more with each drive. Bump absorption and ride quality & handling are both quite good!

Actually the Michelin Defenders still have 1/2 or better tread left on them. Could no dought, continue to run them A LOT
more miles. But seems like they have gotten very hard, resulting in a rougher ride. Also have a little sidewall checking..not too bad. Rand I will check out Discount Tires too. Looks like the RT-43's & Pirelli Cinturato P7 would be a good choice. Thanks for all the feedback. paul

There is certainly a price differen e between the P7's(higher) and the RT43's(lower). Don't overlook the Cooper CS5s Grand Touring(NOT THE ULTRA TOURING) if available in your size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back