new tires daughter's car

good morning!

Just had a nice local mechanic do all four tires. Subaru Forester. He said he likes "middle of the road" tires, like General and Firestone.

He did all four, balance, etc for about $800

I think that is a good price, do you?

Is there any need for me to pay more for Michelin?

I am only concerned about safety. she drives 2 little kids around.

THANK YOU and have a great day!
bob

Decent deal for a quality tire. Good she has new tires on her Forester.
Seems about right for:
4 new tires, mount/balance, disposal fee old tires, taxes, etc…

Cooper and Yokohama are my go to mid priced tires that I really like.

General and Firestone are solid tires I wouldn’t have any worries on safety. You paid $200 out the door per tire, do you feel you paid a fair price? I just recently purchased tires through Nissan, the tires came with a 24 Month road hazard coverage and was buy 3 get the
4th tire for a $1. I walked out with taxes $607. Tire is a Yokohama 205/60/16.

The dealership happened to be the best priced in my case. Did you check with your local dealership?

Since I mentioned Amazon pricing for OPs tire, they have since updated the price and it now matches the WM price. It was $30 and change per tire. 😲 Perhaps someone scored a deal.

OK. thanks! i learned a lot.

next question. wife's car needs tires. shall I ask here, or begin a new thread?

thanks bob

OK. thanks! i learned a lot.

next question. wife's car needs tires. shall I ask here, or begin a new thread?

thanks bob

1713962254575.jpg

THANKS edyvw.

car. 2012 Honda Accord. tires say 0816. I THINK that means 8th week of 2016. this agrees with my records, I bought new tires in 2016. By math, those tires have 33,000 miles on them. car 61,000 original miles.
I THINK I should replace them, due to age. they are michelin pilot mxm4 or something.

question:

which Michelin tires would you suggest? i am going with Michelin.
live in Massachusetts. we get rain, ice snow. I want GREAT all season tires, price not an issue.
she drives just short trips around town. no highway.

thanks for any and all ideas

best,

Bob

THANKS edyvw.

car. 2012 Honda Accord. tires say 0816. I THINK that means 8th week of 2016. this agrees with my records, I bought new tires in 2016. By math, those tires have 33,000 miles on them. car 61,000 original miles.
I THINK I should replace them, due to age. they are michelin pilot mxm4 or something.

question:

which Michelin tires would you suggest? i am going with Michelin.
live in Massachusetts. we get rain, ice snow. I want GREAT all season tires, price not an issue.
she drives just short trips around town. no highway.

thanks for any and all ideas

best,

Bob
I think the only real Michelin choice if you are going with one tire and want the rain, ice snow would be the CrossClimate 2.

Yes, you are 8 years old on the current. Time to replace IMO.

There are multiple other All-Weather choices now that would work well for you also. Obviously not going for long mileage but more of a time thing.

What trim level and what size currently?

Pew: VERY funny! wife would have heart attack.!!!! should put a crate engine in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermann: THANK YOU

Sequoiason: thank you. she has car now, i will get the size of tire and car trim. i know it is a V6 four door.

I am looking at the cross climate 2.

Arco graphite; thanks for General tire suggestion

best to all,

Bob

sequoia soon:

Accord sedan ex-l V6
P225/50R17
0816, so 8 yrs old
PilotHX MXM4 Michelin

i will go with cross climate 2 if he can get it.

THANK YOU!
bob

sequoia soon:

Accord sedan ex-l V6
P225/50R17
0816, so 8 yrs old
PilotHX MXM4 Michelin

i will go with cross climate 2 if he can get it.

THANK YOU!
bob
Yep, CC2 would be best choice if using only one set throughout a year in MA.
Another option is Bridgestone Weatherpeak, which is proving also a really good all-weather tire. However, I would go Bridgestone only if it is considerably cheaper. They are, in general, rougher, less comfortable tires than Michelin. Still, a premier product.

THANKS edy

ordered cross climate. For a dummy like me, i feel I can't go too far wrong with Michelin. brakes and tires are important. not a problem if the car rusts or is dirty.
I recall once I inherited my Dad's Buick Park Ave. It rode and sounded awful. put on new Michelins, WORLD of difference. quiet and smooth.

best,
Bob

Back