New Tire Cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three are good. Was under truck tonight. Insides of other three look like new tires should. Only one is very different than others. Hopefully this is the only one that got away. When they replace it I'm hoping the bad tire makes it back to the manufacturer so they can see what's going on. Worst case is they simply throw it away and no one will know why this happened.

Originally Posted by robd
Three are good. Was under truck tonight. Insides of other three look like new tires should. Only one is very different than others. Hopefully this is the only one that got away. When they replace it I'm hoping the bad tire makes it back to the manufacturer so they can see what's going on. Worst case is they simply throw it away and no one will know why this happened.

When I was working at a major tire manufacturer, we would use these examples to determine if our quality standards were where they should be. Sometimes we would change our standards. Sometimes not.

In this case, I would judge this as being borderline and wait for additional samples to help me determine where that line is before making a standard change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back