New Super Tech Oil

Walmart has a new oil, it is called Super Tech All Mileage, it says it is good for 5,000 miles. The label says it is a syn blend. Was in Walmart on Tues. the 9th and seen it in a 5qt jug.

Did you notice the price?...Same as their other conventional?
I wouldn't doubt that it's just labeling as most conventional oils are syn blends and 5000 miles is the new 3000 miles

Did you notice the price?...Same as their other conventional?
I wouldn't doubt that it's just labeling as most conventional oils are syn blends and 5000 miles is the new 3000 miles
I don't know the price, there was conventional on the shelf in a different place, where it is always at. This was in a different place. There was only the one jug so I don't really know if it was walmart starting to replace the conventional or if this is a true new oil they are starting to carry.

Probably just a repackaged oil and just as good as anything else out there. If I was into synth blend I'd use it.

1615417207374.jpg

I just went into Walmart and seen they now have an EP version of Supertech Full Synthetic

Just curious, does anyone really adopt the 20k miles OCI? If so, care to share experience?

At my Wal-Mart it looks like they're replacing both their conventional and their high mileage conventional with the "All-Mile." I'm a little sad as on my mom's car it's been doing well on the ST 5w20 conventional high mileage, so I'm hoping the formula is just as good, or if now is a good time to just switch both cars to Valvoline Maxlife. The ST 5w20 conventional cut oil consumption a lot, though.

amsoil was to first to normalize a 20k oci and many of their users actually do it.

good oil has no problem doing it, at least before modern gdi problems
I know GDI causes carbon deposit on the valve. How does it affect oil? Please elaborate.

What’s the price difference between ST conventional, and ST synthetic? It can’t be much...the synthetic is already so low as it is.

Seems not many people talk about full synthetic. Is there any potential problem to replace conventional oils with full synthetic?

Back