New ST oil coming?

My guess is they're trying to make their labeling more competitive to Mobil1, vanilla Mobil1 is "Advanced Synthetic" and says it's good for 10000mi, so Wal-Mart's trying to build off that marketing.

My guess is they're trying to make their labeling more competitive to Mobil1, vanilla Mobil1 is "Advanced Synthetic" and says it's good for 10000mi, so Wal-Mart's trying to build off that marketing.
Yes I doubt seriously there has been any real significant change to the oil!

This is just Walmart/Supertech high-mileage, full synthetic with new labeling. Walmart is not going to stock variations of their own high-mileage, synthetic. The old ones (without the 10k miles reference on the label) will go away.

It should go 10 k under ideal conditions. Most of us fall under the severe catergory though
I'd say "most" people do not fall under severe driving conditions. A lot of people want to, like it's a badge of honor, but I doubt they do. I have read your commute and yes, in your case, that's severe.

I'd say "most" people do not fall under severe driving conditions. A lot of people want to, like it's a badge of honor, but I doubt they do. I have read your commute and yes, in your case, that's severe.

I would submit to you that in reality most people who don't care enough about their vehicles and vehicle maintenance are going with the longest prescribed maintenance interval even if in reality they do in fact fully qualify for the severe schedule.

Dexos ? This here would say 7500 miles

E3F1C6CC-BCCC-4B16-AFD1-6AD6503D4EA4.jpeg

Back