New Screen Install

BlueOvalFitter

Site Donor 2023
I was in WM a few years ago looking for a new laptop (LT) to replace my 2011 HP LT with Windows 7. I spilled Coke on it, and it was toast.
WM had an ACER CB, 15.6" screen, for $124. I bought it. I didn't like it, so it went on my bedside table as my new TV. I bought a new HP LT, 15.6" screen, to replace it.
Anyway, after about a year the ACER CB screen started getting horizontal lines across the bottom of the screen. Each week after that more and more lines appeared until it was a black space about an inch thick. I called ACER and the tech told me that this particular model was known for this screen problem. They offered to sell me a new screen for $125 and change plus shipping. Nah, I will look on AMAZON.
Sure enough, AMAZON had one. $59.78 later it arrived today (3 days shipping). I had it installed in less than 5 minutes.
Now I have a new ACER LT screened TV.
Has anyone else had this problem with a LT?
1st pic is before.
2nd pic is after.

Attachments

• SCREEN.jpg
    SCREEN.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 22
  • ACERSCREEN.jpg
    ACERSCREEN.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 22

BlueOvalFitter

Site Donor 2023
Nicely done. We live in such a disposable society now it's great to see something like this actually repaired so you can keep using it.
A lot of people told me I should throw it away and buy a new one. I said it would be cheaper to buy a new screen. A few of them crawfished (went back on their word) and said it was a good call on the new screen. :rolleyes:

Probably because at this point, replacement parts for electronics are generally not made available to consumers and the gadgets themselves aren't designed to be opened up. So I can see what they are saying, but if it's fixable, by all means do it!

BlueOvalFitter

Site Donor 2023
It even came with a tool kit. I didn't need it, but it will come in handy down the road somewhere.

Attachments

• TOOLKIT.jpg
    TOOLKIT.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 6