New scoot...

The old CV80 wasn't cutting it so decided it was time. Planning on working on it this winter quite a bit though.

2020 Kymco Like 150i ABS... wowsers with EFI and disc brakes it's a different planet from 40 years ago. Only has 150 miles. I'm planning changing the oil anyways, 15w40 probably Rotella. Debating on gear oil. Looks like it set inside but with condensation not sure. Someone traded two of them for a Harley. I bought it mainly on color but don't think I paid too much 😂

IMG_1910.jpeg

Hit the 200 mile mark yesterday.. Put almost 80 miles on it in 4 days. Got to say it's a blast to ride. Seems pretty darn quick, rode with a Grom for a bit and he commented the same. I know it goes 30-35 to 50 in seconds. Not sure on top speed since it's still breaking in. Put some Berryman's in and non-ethanol gas, who knows how old the gas is since it only had 127 miles on it. The dual discs with ABS is phenomenal and the horn is really loud. Took the better half shopping and the underseat storage is huge and that doesn't count the rear rack trunk.

Per Kymco I changed the oil's. Used Pennzoil 10w40 conv for now. Planning on switching to 5w40 Euro (maybe) at the 600 or 1000 mile mark. Used Mobil synthetic 75w90 gear lube in the trans. Filled it till ran out the top hole but I might need to take a little out. Conflicting info but that might be too much and back into the air filter housing.

Think next year I'll have the tires changed to Michelin or Pirelli's.. Can't recall the tires but there not really confidence inspiring. The Prielli's on the Yamaha feel alot better. But then again it only has 200 miles so maybe they need broke in also.

IMG_1919.jpeg

Back