New remote dual system for 5.4 Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick update. I just switched to Amazon 0w-40 and a Fram XG2 filter. But I added one of those sandwich adapters that lets you mount temperature & pressure sensors. So I can monitor actual oil temperature and pressure where it goes into the filter.
60-70 PSI on the highway, 30 PSI Hot idle in drive, A/C on. But here's the thing. The oil's never gotten over 180F in normal driving. Typically it's 150-160F.
I can monitor the temp and pressure via TorquePro now.

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Just a quick update. I just switched to Amazon 0w-40 and a Fram XG2 filter. But I added one of those sandwich adapters that lets you mount temperature & pressure sensors. So I can monitor actual oil temperature and pressure where it goes into the filter.
60-70 PSI on the highway, 30 PSI Hot idle in drive, A/C on. But here's the thing. The oil's never gotten over 180F in normal driving. Typically it's 150-160F.
I can monitor the temp and pressure via TorquePro now.

Can you see just total oil pressure, or can you see the delta pressure across the oil filter too?

Just oil pump output pressure before the filter. If/when I do the external filter I'll add another pressure sensor to read the delta.

Now that I've had a chance to drive with it in the warmer weather and towing. The oil has hit 212F for a short time pulling up some hills on I-90 westbound in about 75F ambient.
Oil pressure has never gone below 25PSI at hot idle with A/C on.
Just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back