new oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
what oil should I switch to? I have a 96 ford contour with a 116,000 miles on it. It is a 4 cyl.-2.0 litre engine. Thank you

stay with the Maxlife!!!!

i have loved running it in my '92 jeep cherokee and also run it in my '46 2a

stay with the high mileage since it does help condition seals and i also have heard or read that Maxlife has a little synthetic mixed with it...

oh i have 174,500 miles on my xj

quote:

Originally posted by dre1010:
what oil should I switch to? I have a 96 ford contour with a 116,000 miles on it. It is a 4 cyl.-2.0 litre engine. Thank you

If you're looking to keep this car around for awhile, my first course of action would be to make sure this engine is internally clean.

Either run Auto-Rx or run an HDEO (I'd pick Rotella 5w-40 since it's available locally and at a reasonable price) for several months.

So, I'd say at this point to pick Rotella 5w-40 with a Motorcraft filter...both available at Wal-Mart.

I would stay with dino on that motor and not go to a synthetic with those kind of miles.

Just make sure the motor is clean, run some auto-rx through it and put it on a diet of good quality dino, or diesel oil.

Use a good filter. Motorcraft is what you want, purolator if you can't get motorcraft easially, supertech if you are on a budget.

I would run chevron supreme 10w30 or chevon delo. Or even a mix of the two, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back