New OE Coils

Replaced a defective NGK made in Korea coil with an OE I was surprised to see it is made in the USA by Diamond. It seems more than a couple of companies are using them now as OE. I never heard of them before. Over the past couple of years I have seen a engine damaged by a plug the ground electrode fell off, a few bad sensors and 2 or 3 bad coils. It appears NGK is not the same quality it was some years ago. That is a shame, they were always a safe go to brand.

I just bought some NTK (NGK) O2 sensors, supposedly OEM for my Pentastar. Heck the Mopar ones were $62 each. ☹️

The OE coil on my 98 Forester is Diamond. They also made some coils for the 4th gen Camry. Diamond has been around a long time :)

That's good know, thanks. I have seen Lucas, Bosch, Beru, Magneti Marelli, SEV Marchal and a few others over the years.

Well that explains it. NGK sent me a replacement but it is not going on the engine. Sell it on flea bay or give it to someone who needs it.

NGK bought Airtex/Wells. NGK engine management parts for the most part are the same wells crap thats in a duralast box.
Parts in a WVE box are pretty much hit or miss, which is a shame. I would have thought NGK would have improved Wells/Airtex's quality but they're still pumping out the same garbage that's no different than brands like BWD (or "Broke When Delivered" as I like to call them).

Back