New Nissan...What Do I Offer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a 2005 Altima. They're currently offering some interesting incentives...a multitude of extra options and 1.8% financing over 3 years. The problem is that I haven't purchased a new vehicle in a while and haven't got the foggyest idea what to offer them
in terms of price. I hear that Nisssan is very firm on their pricing in Canada. On a percentage basis, how much room will they have to move?

quote:

Originally posted by MarkC:
Offer them $300-$500 over invoice. If they don't go for it, offer to go to the Toyota dealer.

Anyone know where I can find Canadian invoice listings?

I used eWheels and CarCost Canada. There are few more. Expect to spend some money on your research; invoice prices are not free in Canada...
Make sure you get your invoice pricing information from at least two sources since they sometimes differ significantly. And make sure to request all the incentives to be included (factory-to-dealer, holdback, etc.) Subtract everything from the listed invoice price, add $400 and keep that as your final price. Listen to their offer first, never come up with your price or method of payment (lease, finance, etc.).
Better yet, fax your request for the best price to all the dealerships you could comfortably buy from. Get the lowest quote and make follow-up calls. Say thank you for your time and ask if they can beat your lowest quote. You’ll come up with the best price ever, trust me.
So arm yourself with the invoice minus incentives price and go fax your requests for quotes. It is fun and exciting, although a little bit of an arm twisting. Well, that’s life.

You know, I just noticed this the past couple of months. The invoice prices with Edmunds and Kelly are now EXACTLY the same as what the manufacturers are asking. Just a couple of years ago, their prices would be lower than what the MSRP would be. I wonder if they all got together and stuck with the same numbers because the consumer had the ability to look up invoice prices on the internet and gave us some bargaining chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back