New Napa Proformer oil filter

Napa has a new oil filter there called the Proformer oil filter.

It is $6.49 everyday price and it appears to be a possible Premium Guard oil filter. It is made in Vietnam.

It claims 96 percent efficiency at 20 microns. They say rated for 5 thousand miles.

Just a FYI.

I believe this filter will take the place of their Proselect filters at some point.

Sounds like the new ProTec filter:

This new Napa filter has the Proformer name right on it.

The Wix Pro Tec filters look like the same thing.

I agree.

Im guessing the Napa Proformer oil filter will take the place of their Proselect filters. Which Wix evidently has upgraded and... I'm still wondering if Premium Guard is making them for Wix aka Mann Hummel.

Unless M+H has a filter manufacturing plant in Vietnam. Maybe they do?

96%@20um. It's basicaly, a purolator,or car quest red, or gram extraguard,ect,ect..but what remains is filter media quality. Brittle like proselects? Or tough like pureones (minus the tearing) golds,ect?

So what's the consensus? No or Go on the NAPA Proformer, or buy the NAPA Gold?

2016 BMW 328i needs the kit version. Change oil about every 5 to 7K annually. OEM is Humel 816 Z. WIX part (WL7509) is $22 at Autozone. Like every German car part I have recently purchased, this is a bit "special" as I need the "kit" version that includes the replacement plastic oil drain plug. Yup the old plug is thrown out with the change. No simple copper O ring replacement for me!

Listed on the NAPA website for $6.49, but suspecting quality, although, as per the reference photo, it does show an included oil drain plug. Humel "kits" are at least $10 from Amazon, but after reading about counterfeits on this forum would rather go to a friendly walk-in!

NAPA Gold looks identical to WIX for $23.

I get the proselect for .99 when I buy a case through my wholesale acct but I won't run them more than 3k. Suggest you get the Fram Ultra or other comparable quality filter.

Nah...

I don't want a phony Fram Ultra..

I would get a Fram Titanium because it is like the real OG Fram Ultra.

This new filter at Napa is not a bad filter IF it is made by PG. Those are actually quite good filters when they get cut open after being run.

96%@20um. It's basicaly, a purolator,or car quest red, or gram extraguard,ect,ect..but what remains is filter media quality. Brittle like proselects? Or tough like pureones (minus the tearing) golds,ect?
Just about the same as an Orange can. But with a much higher price tag!

It is $6.49 everyday price and it appears to be a possible Premium Guard oil filter. It is made in Vietnam.

It claims 96 percent efficiency at 20 microns. They say rated for 5 thousand miles.

Just a FYI.

I believe this filter will take the place of their Proselect filters at some point.
Thanks for the info sir.
Always good to know what the options are.
They might include these in with oil and filter deals.

I cut one of these open yesterday at work. Made in China, off a 2018 Ford Edge. Filter looked good for having 7k on it. If it’s that expensive I’ll stick with prime guard for $1-2

Just a FYI.

The NAPA proselect is now made in Vietnam and China just like all Pennzoil filters. I have one off a 21’ Nissan Kicks that had 8,500 miles on Napa Syn 5w20. Stay tuned folks

Back