New 'muck' boot review.

I needed a new pair of boots for outdoors.. something easy to get on and off, kept my feet dry and warm.. and didnt feel like 30lb frankenstein boots. I also didnt want a pair of $20 cheapos that lasted a month and hurt my feet. I also did not want to pay $200 for a pair of boots bought online.

My search led me to Dryshod Stratalite XT from Cabelas or Bass Pro. Currently on sale for $80.

Dryshod is by the guy that invented Mucks...but left the company after they outsourced and the quality went down. He and others from Muck started Dryshod. (yeah i went down a rabbit hole researching these boots).

The boots run a little big to size.. so i advise trying them on if possible. I wear a size 11 and the 10s were perfect.

This week i have put about 30 hours in them.. and im happy to report they are perfect for what i need them for. I can get them on and off with ease, the inside of the boot is lined with something like neoprene or something... feels like im walking in a gel pillow. The tread on the bottom is great for traction but somehow doesnt clod up with mud... so i guess thats a plus.

I have slip on cowboy boots, a pair of cheapo rubber boots from walmart, and a pair of heavy rubber boots i think they are Ducks Unlimited.

These feel like Ferraris compared to those.

I have no clue if the $200 boots are better...but these are great for my farm, i can walk in mud, creeks, and wear them hunting and come home with warm dry feet.

The clerk at Cabelas said that they had a 60 day warranty, no questions asked. So i have been cutting brush and firewood..and doing every chore that i need to do before winter... so if they blow out on me or fail i can at least get my money back...but i think they will do just fine.

I find the cheap ones are well cheap the top price ones expensive and the middle cost ones work pretty good.

Back