"New" Motor Oil Brand Options for US & Canadian BITOG Drivers.

?

The GM is a completely different engine, it is a straight six.

All the half tons diesels are 3.0's, but they are all completely different engines.
I believe the engine we're talking about is the 4 cylinder 2.8l Duramax LWN which is a licensed copy of the VM Motori A428. The earlier Chrysler/Jeep vehicles had the earlier, slightly different VM R428, but essentially the same design.

I believe the engine we're talking about is the 4 cylinder 2.8l Duramax LWN which is a licensed copy of the VM Motori A428. The earlier Chrysler/Jeep vehicles had the earlier, slightly different VM R428, but essentially the same design.

Ok I must have missed that, I thought the topic was the VM3.0 engine in the Chrysler products

Hi.
I used Millers Oils products for many years when i worked in manufacturing. They are a reputable company. They are the company that perform my Oil analysis on my Jeep. They make a big deal about their 'nano technology' and to be honest i am not sure what that is. Whilst they make a decent product i would certainly not pay any sort of premium for it.
I'd agree with this - the brand is known amongst enthusiasts here but is a small player. They tend to make "recommended for use..." type claims rather than holding the formal approvals (evidence - search the MB BeVo database for "Millers" and there are no hits; they may hold other OEM approvals that are not publicly published).

I'd agree with this - the brand is known amongst enthusiasts here but is a small player. They tend to make "recommended for use..." type claims rather than holding the formal approvals (evidence - search the MB BeVo database for "Millers" and there are no hits; they may hold other OEM approvals that are not publicly published).
Hi weasley.
That is interesting that Millers are not on the MB approved lists as Millers do claim 'approved' status on some. 6230-XF-Premium-C2-C3-5w30.pdf (millersoils.co.uk)

If you look it says BMW Longlife-04 (approved)
Mercedes 229.52 (approved)
Opel Vauxhall (approved)

Maybe MB need to update the list?

They are very helpful if you need advice, just give them a bell. Their oil analysis does not seem as comprehensive as blackstone. I may try ravenol uk for my next one.

Like i said, a perfectly acceptable product but pricey. I can get Mercedes branded 5w/30 MB229.51 from the Mercedes dealer for £3.60 a litre delivered.

Hi weasley.
That is interesting that Millers are not on the MB approved lists as Millers do claim 'approved' status on some. 6230-XF-Premium-C2-C3-5w30.pdf (millersoils.co.uk)

If you look it says BMW Longlife-04 (approved)
Mercedes 229.52 (approved)
Opel Vauxhall (approved)

Maybe MB need to update the list?

They are very helpful if you need advice, just give them a bell. Their oil analysis does not seem as comprehensive as blackstone. I may try ravenol uk for my next one.

Like i said, a perfectly acceptable product but pricey. I can get Mercedes branded 5w/30 MB229.51 from the Mercedes dealer for £3.60 a litre delivered.
If it does have the Mercedes-Benz approval then they are using the incorrect wording as a listing. It points to sloppiness all around which seems typical of this brand, kind of like how they claimed their 0W-20 product was also ACEA A3/B4.

If a brand consistently obfuscates and misstates stuff then I tend to avoid it just for that reason alone.

Last edited:
As a 5W30 C3/Mid SAPs/ Dexos2 motor oil user, I was under the assumption that my motor oil options were limited to Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 & Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30. (For warranty purposes). I have a ‘16 Chevrolet Colorado pickup, with the 2.8L Diesel engine. VM Motori engine. Up to 34 real world highway mpg.

However, in a stoke of (blind pig 🐖 finding an acorn) luck, I discovered the following obscure motor oil brands are imported and obtainable for US drivers. (Even if it requires your stimulus check earnings to afford them).

1) Millers Oil - Imported from the UK. Imported by Performance Racing Oils out of Alcoa, TN. 865-200-4264.
C3 Longlife 5W30. Also Longlife 5W30. (Both C3 oils available in 5L jugs). Anyone familiar with the Millers Brand? It is not talked about on this board.

2) Bardahl Manufacturing Corp. - Imported from France - Imported from Bardahl Manufacturing Company out of Seattle, WA. 888-227-3245.
Bardahl XTEC 5W40 Euro Spec.

3) Klondike Lubricants Corporation - Out of 🇨🇦 Canada. 877-293-4691. Distribution Centers in Greater Vancouver BC, Edmonton, Winnipeg, New
Brunswick and Brampton, ON. This one is the most interest to me personally, because they offer both a 5W30 Euro Mid SAPS Full Synthetic
and 5W400 Euro Mid SAPS. HTHS for 5W30, an eye popping 3.7. 3.8 for the 5W40. Best of all, a 5L jug it can be on your doorstep from Amazon with free
shipping for $28.

Klondike has quite the variety of motor oils on their web site. How come you Canadians never mention it on BITOG? Are you trying to keep it for yourselves?
I emailed Klondike awhile ago as I found the following: - They just replied with "Our formulations are proprietary and we use ISO 9001 certified facilities. Where our product is blended is confidential information that we do not share this."

Hi Dave
I got my hands on Walmarts SuperTEch Synthetic PDS which their oil is producted by Warren in the USA…
When I compared your 5w20 full synthetic to theirs, the added pack and other oil specs are pretty much identical.
Is this coincidence , or does Warren blend products for Klondike automotive example 5w20 full synthetic??
Thank you

MB updated their 229.52 list on 11 January 2021. Maybe it isn't MB who need to update?
The referenced oil is also not API SN licensed per the API EOLCS directory despite being in the section of actual approvals, regardless of how that is worded.

Maybe you're supposed to interpret bold text as being truthful whereas normal text is not. But then why not put it in the second list?

Here is another Canada only Dexos 2 motor oil. It’s identical to Pennzoil 5w30 Euro L and is made by Shell. It’s typically sold for $33 CDN on sale.

D5414790-B328-4E5F-83D6-E1AF7BD7BA2F.png

Klondike is bigger in the Alberta area from what I see. Can't recall exactly who they source from but at one time years ago I thought it was Federated Co-op out of Regina. I use a lot of Co-op products and am happy with them so I never looked into Klondike much, plus I don't need any Euro spec oils.

Back