"New" Motor Oil Brand Options for US & Canadian BITOG Drivers.

As a 5W30 C3/Mid SAPs/ Dexos2 motor oil user, I was under the assumption that my motor oil options were limited to Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 & Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30. (For warranty purposes). I have a ‘16 Chevrolet Colorado pickup, with the 2.8L Diesel engine. VM Motori engine. Up to 34 real world highway mpg.

However, in a stoke of (blind pig 🐖 finding an acorn) luck, I discovered the following obscure motor oil brands are imported and obtainable for US drivers. (Even if it requires your stimulus check earnings to afford them).

1) Millers Oil - Imported from the UK. Imported by Performance Racing Oils out of Alcoa, TN. 865-200-4264.
C3 Longlife 5W30. Also Longlife 5W30. (Both C3 oils available in 5L jugs). Anyone familiar with the Millers Brand? It is not talked about on this board.

2) Bardahl Manufacturing Corp. - Imported from France - Imported from Bardahl Manufacturing Company out of Seattle, WA. 888-227-3245.
Bardahl XTEC 5W40 Euro Spec.

3) Klondike Lubricants Corporation - Out of 🇨🇦 Canada. 877-293-4691. Distribution Centers in Greater Vancouver BC, Edmonton, Winnipeg, New
Brunswick and Brampton, ON. This one is the most interest to me personally, because they offer both a 5W30 Euro Mid SAPS Full Synthetic
and 5W400 Euro Mid SAPS. HTHS for 5W30, an eye popping 3.7. 3.8 for the 5W40. Best of all, a 5L jug it can be on your doorstep from Amazon with free
shipping for $28.

Klondike has quite the variety of motor oils on their web site. How come you Canadians never mention it on BITOG? Are you trying to keep it for yourselves?

Klondike has quite the variety of motor oils on their web site. How come you Canadians never mention it on BITOG? Are you trying to keep it for yourselves?
Canada has numerous small-mid blenders, they are generally targeted for the local market and are usually not of interest to the US consumer or even Canadian consumer outside of the local region or distribution network. However, a sincere thank you for your interest. Here is one I have used with confidence for years:

BOSS Lubricants

The Klondike one you refer to:

Our Products | Quality Oils & Lubricants | KLONDIKE (klondikelubricants.com)

As a 5W30 C3/Mid SAPs/ Dexos2 motor oil user, I was under the assumption that my motor oil options were limited to Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 & Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30. (For warranty purposes). I have a ‘16 Chevrolet Colorado pickup, with the 2.8L Diesel engine. VM Motori engine. Up to 34 real world highway mpg.

However, in a stoke of (blind pig 🐖 finding an acorn) luck, I discovered the following obscure motor oil brands are imported and obtainable for US drivers. (Even if it requires your stimulus check earnings to afford them).

1) Millers Oil - Imported from the UK. Imported by Performance Racing Oils out of Alcoa, TN. 865-200-4264.
C3 Longlife 5W30. Also Longlife 5W30. (Both C3 oils available in 5L jugs). Anyone familiar with the Millers Brand? It is not talked about on this board.

2) Bardahl Manufacturing Corp. - Imported from France - Imported from Bardahl Manufacturing Company out of Seattle, WA. 888-227-3245.

3) Klondike Lubricants Corporation - Out of 🇨🇦 Canada. 877-293-4691. Distribution Centers in Greater Vancouver BC, Edmonton, Winnipeg, New
Brunswick and Brampton, ON. This one is the most interest to me personally, because they offer both a 5W30 Euro Mid SAPS Full Synthetic
and 5W400 Euro Mid SAPS. HTHS for 5W30, an eye popping 3.7. 3.8 for the 5W40. Best of all, a 5L jug it can be on your doorstep from Amazon with free
shipping for $28.

Pretty much only an "option" if you don't care if your oil has actual licenses, certifications or approvals. At least one of them (Millers Oil) was shown on here to be a pretty egregious obfuscator when it comes to ACEA sequences.

Maybe that's the reason they remain obscure. I can't think of a single reason to pay more for oils that don't have documented performance.

Bardahl is a local Seattle company. I didn’t know they were into motor oils having only seen additives and such.

Their oil brands are MVP and XTC. French or not I would wonder who makes them? Plenty of US blenders they could have contracted with.

shipping for $28.

just a question, was that $28 USD or $28 Canadian pesos, at the current exchange rates $28 canuck bucks is about $5 USD , :)

just a question, was that $28 USD or $28 Canadian pesos, at the current exchange rates $28 canuck bucks is about $5 USD , :)

Ahhh..... I live in Tennessee, USA. The Amazon pricing I was looking at was in USD. $28 with free shipping for a 5L jug.

If you are in Canada, you can get the distributor price (whatever that is) - fresh from the oil spigot 👍.

What about Total Quartz MC3 Ineo 5w30? Total is an established and respected brand often available by mail order.

Dexos 2 oil can be found in abundance on store shelves. All the majors and a few non-majors sell Dexos 2 in 5w30. It should be one of the most common motor oils sold in the US.

If you want to try something different then there's the VW 504/507, MB 229.51 oils which you can pick up at any dealership for cheap.

Dexos 2 oil can be found in abundance on store shelves. All the majors and a few non-majors sell Dexos 2 in 5w30. It should be one of the most common motor oils sold in the US.

If you want to try something different then there's the VW 504/507, MB 229.51 oils which you can pick up at any dealership for cheap.
Or Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL available on Walmart.com for only $4.81/quart.

Klondike appears to be a 'blender' what simply mixes petroleum products just like Amsoil does.
Klondike caters to corporate customers mostly and it's not easy if not impossible to find their products in retail. There must be a very attractive price point to auto shops, a few I visited in the past couple of years use or used Klondike oil.

Klondike appears to be a 'blender' what simply mixes petroleum products just like Amsoil does.
Klondike caters to corporate customers mostly and it's not easy if not impossible to find their products in retail. There must be a very attractive price point to auto shops, a few I visited in the past couple of years use or used Klondike oil.
T&T autoparts sells Klondike as their "house oil", they have hundreds of cases in their stores at any one time

Hi.
I used Millers Oils products for many years when i worked in manufacturing. They are a reputable company. They are the company that perform my Oil analysis on my Jeep. They make a big deal about their 'nano technology' and to be honest i am not sure what that is. Whilst they make a decent product i would certainly not pay any sort of premium for it.

Personally, I would use a 5w40 diesel oil with those VM diesels. The same engine (with minor changes) was sold in a number of Jeep/Chrysler products with less than stellar results. Hopefully they have ironed out the kinks on the GM version.

Personally, I would use a 5w40 diesel oil with those VM diesels. The same engine (with minor changes) was sold in a number of Jeep/Chrysler products with less than stellar results. Hopefully they have ironed out the kinks on the GM version.
?

The GM is a completely different engine, it is a straight six.

All the half tons diesels are 3.0's, but they are all completely different engines.

Never heard of Klondike oil. At that price I can get Pennzoil Ultra when it's on sale (plus rebates make it cheaper).

The only other oil I will probably try is Kirkland when my stash of Pennzoil Ultra is done which will take another 2 years or so.

I'm also going with Kirkland or Supertech synth oil since Pennzoil isn't running rebates as of late. With rebates PP price is about C$15 for 5L which is same as ST or Kirkland when they are on sale. I don't have new vehicles or ones that have very special reqs for oil and I change oil every 6K km with synth oil so those cheaper alternatives are fine with me.

Reactions: JC1
Back