new lawn tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new 115 can mow in reverse and cut low. I just bought a 135 myself, I prefer the twin and hydrostatic transmission, much easier to use and worth the money IMO.

Uneven is no problem, my 135 has been floating across the lawn and mine is very uneven in places, if you get to a spot that's to uneven it will just shave it to the dirt and keep going.

FYI my 135 cuts low better then my LT166 does, more power and a better deck for cutting low.

what i noticed about my 115. it can cut way low. I have some uneven spots and I found out the easy way. seeing brown shoot out instead of green lol. soon my yard will be level. hydrostatic is the way to go and is nice.

my dads last riding mower was a craftsman and was old and never cut as good and was a 3 blade mower. this mower I have is the best cutting riding mower I ever seen. heck it cuts better than my troy built 21" push mower lol. I wish I could have gotten the 135 but my yard is small and didnt see the need for that engine and stuff. think the 115 is the best mower for the average suburb yards.

Something that you might consider for 2+ acres is a Ford N with a finish mower. You'll have 24-26 HP, something that's easy to work on, and probably the most dependable, durable design on the planet. You'll be able to add hundreds of different implements as you need them.

Around here you can find a solid working N for around $1500-2000. A good used finish mower might set you back $300-500. So coming in under your $2000 budget might be very doable.

Shoot the only ford N I have seen has an asking price of $4k with nothing. I also looked at a 53 case high crop that was $4500. Tractors in my area come at a premium.

I need a tractor for the 2+ acres I haven't even bushhogged yet.

Do repair welding at my auto repair shop. We used to do more mower deck repair on Murray than all others added together. Seldom ever see a Myrray anymore (Building them better??) Weld mostly on Craftsman for the last few years. Their decks are really JUNK!!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back