Lawn Tractor Utility Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my lawn tractor a lot. Mowing is only the first thing on a long list of chores. I recently upgraded from my old high hour red Briggs twin cylinder Craftsman to a barely used Kohler single from a co-worker.

I sold the old tired one on CL for $250 and picked up the new one for $500 so it was a good upgrade for $250.

I like to use my tractors to haul my utility and motorcycle trailers out from the back yard when I need them because the tractor is much smaller than my truck and more maneuverable. A lawn cart is also often used to haul yard debris and firewood.

The flimsy little sheet metal hitch mount on the lawn tractor is a problem. Ebay had a small bracket that I bought for $15 and after a few mods and some additional scrap metal from the garage I found a solution.

IMG_20160506_092453061-L.jpg

IMG_20160506_092509090_HDR-L.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, the Deere tractor that I serviced the hydro trans on is going to our cabin in Vermont.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Nice. I downgraded yesterday but bigger is not always better.
Nice size and looks great.

What did you downgrade from? And what did you get to replace it?

That's a nice looking $500 mower.
I assume your yard is pretty flat? If so you'll be fine, but if your loaded heavily and moving around on hills you should remember you've lost some stability with moving the hitch back and up.
I've put my ATV on its side pulling from the low hitch point skidding logs sideways on a moderate sidehill.

From a diesel yard tractor down to a smaller zero turn front steer.
The tractor was a bit too big and bad for my back.
But it was so fuel frugal I hate to see it go.
But the ROPs bar made it hard to get close to trees- could not be folded.

Got 2 John Deere's here. LX 176 w/bagger cuts the grass. The old 210 (in excellent condition too) does all the grader blading, cart pulling, firewood hauling, and snow plowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back