New-Late Model VW filters- Cabin- Engine

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Probably will buy from Amazon.
VW air and cabin filter brands.
Other than OEM do you have a favorite?
Not opposed to VW but my dealer is a 80 mile round trip.
2021 Arteon 2L
TIA...

I've used the Mahle Caremetix and Hengst Bluecare in my VW. You can get them at Rockauto because Amazon/ebay sometimes don't have them in stock.

I think I'll go with local autopart Wix filter. The fancy Caremetic/Bluecare didn't do anything noticeable better than the generics that I've used in other cars.

Last VW cabin filter I did was actually on the shelf at AZ for a good price and the fit was perfect too.

I got this today...i have heard Honda rip off stories...like $80 for a cabin filter installed

Screenshot_20230513-141743.jpg

I’m not sure or I would have added it but I’m nearly certain it was not a name brand so it was probably Duralast?

Last VW cabin filter I did was actually on the shelf at AZ for a good price and the fit was perfect too.

Their STP cabin air filters work great and available locally here at Autozone.
AZ usually stocks good/better/best within that STP house brand. I am due for CAF's at napa/oreilly/advance... since I just rotate among local and online brands. The OE and various brands aren't any better or worse than each other.

One of my very fancy branded VW CAfilters was made in Romania and the other in China.

Their STP cabin air filters work great and available locally here at Autozone.
AZ usually stocks good/better/best within that STP house brand. I am due for CAF's at napa/oreilly/advance... since I just rotate among local and online brands. The OE and various brands aren't any better or worse than each other.

One of my very fancy branded VW CAfilters was made in Romania and the other in China.
My Continental's are made in Romania...lol

Probably will buy from Amazon.
VW air and cabin filter brands.
Other than OEM do you have a favorite?
Not opposed to VW but my dealer is a 80 mile round trip.
2021 Arteon 2L
TIA...
I just replaced the cabin air filter in our Tiguan. It’s got 40,000 miles on it. So, I’ve replaced it twice. Both times, I chose the NAPA Pro Select. Made in Poland. It is identical to the OEM VW filter.
I replaced the OEM engine air filter at 30,000 miles and used a NAPA Gold replacement.

Many thanks
I have a Napa in Delaware I use often.
I find that most of the NAPA filters are so close to OEM that you cannot tell the difference. Same goes for WIX. Since WIX was acquired by Mann+Hummel, it’s a good bet that the filters are exactly the same as Mann.
I order my oil and oil filters from FCP Euro.

Back