New Kia K5 GT first oil change

I assume it is a real GT,
not a GT Line.

I parked next to its “cousin” today.
Hyundai Sonata N Line.
Yes, it’s the potent version. My wife said the GT-Line put her to sleep…..

The N Line is growing on me, after thinking of a catfish the first time I saw it.

We purchased a 2022 Kia Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD with the potent 2.5T. Super impressed with this new ride and boy that 2.5T is a hoot to hotfoot it (when the wife is not around)!

Just did my second DIY oil change this weekend. Castrol Edge 5W-30 and OEM filter with 5K OCI.

No concerns with the plastic filter housing on our 2014 VW. Never had an issue. Good on you for doing an early oil change. Keep up with the maintenance, hopefully it lasts you a long time. Stay away from the car wash! Lol.

No concerns with the plastic filter housing on our 2014 VW. Never had an issue. Good on you for doing an early oil change. Keep up with the maintenance, hopefully it lasts you a long time. Stay away from the car wash! Lol.
Hand wash in the driveway or it will go to my buddy’s shop when the exterior needs more love than I’m capable of.

Oil and filters are cheap and it makes me feel a little better.

Last edited:
We purchased a 2022 Kia Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD with the potent 2.5T. Super impressed with this new ride and boy that 2.5T is a hoot to hotfoot it (when the wife is not around)!

Just did my second DIY oil change this weekend. Castrol Edge 5W-30 and OEM filter with 5K OCI.
I drove a less optioned version of the Sorrento a month or so ago. It did have the 2.5t and I was impressed. It would have beat the brakes off our old CX-9 in nearly every aspect besides handling. Mazda has always done a good job of making their crossovers feel more like a wagon or sedan. Good Michelins didn’t hurt either.

Back